Chapter 14. Little Talks (Part 1)

Y/N POV

"So how was the trip?" Kiara asks, flopping down on the loveseat.

"It was good. I got to take some nice pictures, hit some waves, and see San Diego Wave FC for the first time. " I say as I sprawl out on my couch in front of her.

"So are you seriously going to dance around the part where you hung out with Taylor fucking Swift??" She asks with a hint of malice in her tone.

"Oh, umm-"

"What was it like? What is she like?" She asks with more curiosity than bitterness in her tone.

"It was fun. A lot of fun, actually. She's really kind. And I know that word is thrown around a lot, so it's deprived of its meaning, but she really is a nice person." I answer with honesty.

"What did you guys do? How did you two even meet?" She presses further.

"We met at the Grammy's after-party. She bought me drinks and then we went for coffee the next day. We had dinner together too, and she invited me over to her place. We talked a lot and got to know each other more while we cooked. Then she asked if I wanted to spend the night, so I said yes. She let me spend the night with her in her big ass house and made me breakfast the next day. Then we went down the coast to swim and watch San Diego Wave, then drove back the same night because she had to catch her flight the next day... but yeah... umm I think that's everything" I explain remembering as many details that she needs to know.

"Wow. And you didn't tell me any of this before because.....?" She questions.

"Honestly, I have no idea what her full intentions are. I don't even know if she's going to stay in my life or not. Or if she's gonna ghost me and become this memory I'd tell people about but no one would ever believe." I sigh.

"Well from the sounds of it, I really don't think she'll do that. It sounds like she really likes you. Have you two made any plans yet? You're both in New York right?"

"Yeah, we are, but we haven't made any plans. I texted her when I came in this morning and she just sent a heart and hasn't sent anything yet." I explain, fidgeting with the pillow zipper next to me.

"What color was the heart?" She asks.

"Red"

"DUDE!!!!" YOU'RE SO OBLIVIOUS IT'S ANNOYING!" Key yells at me, throwing a pillow at my head.

"Okay, calm down, what the hell are you talking about?" I ask, frustration present in my tone.

"You send literally any other colored heart with someone but red. Red is always viewed as romantic, no matter what. If it is a friendly love, you use the pink one, but red is for lovers. Always." She elaborates.

I stare blankly at the ceiling thinking about all the moments we spent together this week.

Okay maybe some moments were romantic, but not all of them? Or were they? She's just a nice person....but you know she doesn't do what she did with you with just anyone...does she? No, she doesn't, she's spent pretty much all her time in LA with me. Besides, she did try to kiss me after the game...right? I mean that was definitely more than a friendly gesture...right? It was a sorta awkward silence on the way back. I mean we didn't talk about anything, we just listened to music, but there was some type of tension... I don't know... I honestly don't know anything anymore. I know Dakota's into me and made advances to which I didn't 100% shut down right away. I did kinda want to see where things would go with Dakota. But that was before she did what she did. Maybe what I need right now is something chill and easy. I don't know where Taylor truly stands with me. Is she into me? Or is Key wrong about her? Should I just stay single?