Chapter 39. Seth Meyers and a Speakeasy

Y/N'S POV

"Come on babe! It'll be fun! I promise!" Taylor says as she wraps her arms around my torso while we lay on the couch together.

"I don't trust talk show hosts! What if he tries to like...bring me on stage or something cause he knows I'm there?" I try to refute her.

"He won't! I promise, baby! If he tries to, I'll form a human blockade so he can't reach you!" She teases, squeezing me even tighter.

Tonight, Taylor has an interview with Seth Meyers and she really wants me to go with her. It's not that I don't want to go, it's just that I don't want any bad press for her or any rumors to start because I'm there. I mean, the paparazzi literally followed me to Oxford and unveiled an eating disorder I didn't even know I had, to the entire world, sending my girlfriend into a panic. I know Seth Meyers isn't like Ellen, bringing up uncomfortable or controversial topics to embarrass the guests on the show, but nowadays, you really can't be too careful.

"I don't even have an outfit to wear!" I weakly defend.

Taylor sits up to look at me with a dumbfounded expression making me laugh.

"Baby, you know that will never be a problem, right?" She chuckles as she puts her arm around the back of my neck on the couch.

"Yeah.... But we usually match when we go out..." I think out loud, not necessarily directed to Taylor.

"I can change my outfit!" She says with anticipation.

"No, that's okay...... I'll just find something that's complementary to yours," I suggest. 

Her eyes go wide and then a huge smile grows on her face.

"I fucking love you, y/n. I hope you know that" She says so seriously that it makes me laugh.

I get up from the couch and make my way over to the bedroom to find an outfit suitable for tonight. I won't be wearing something that's super expensive like Taylor, but I'll still look nice.

I pick out a deep blue dress that should match the black one she's wearing. I quickly take a shower and get ready, so I won't keep her waiting for so long.

 I quickly take a shower and get ready, so I won't keep her waiting for so long

Normally, I wouldn't wear dresses. Ever. but tonight seems like a special occasion. This is the first time we're doing anything 'big' regarding her career together. To say I'm nervous would be an understatement.

I know the fans can be really intense and the paparazzi is a whole other ball game. But being in a controlled situation, such as being on television, is something that's completely new to me. Granted, I won't be on TV like Tay will be, but sometimes the hosts ask the most unhinged questions. It can be a terrifying experience.

I meet Taylor back in the foyer and her eyes are immediately fixed on my body. In fact she doesn't even look up from my breasts until I say something.

"UH HEM! My eyes are up here, Taylor" I tease her, making her blush perfusefly.