prologue

On the Mid Rim planet of Naboo, Ruwee and his wife Jobal, gave birth to a set of twins

On the Mid Rim planet of Naboo, Ruwee and his wife Jobal, gave birth to a set of twins.. "Padme and Kina.." Jobal said to Ruwee.. "Two more little princesses to love.." Ruwee replied with a smile.. "When can I play with them?" Sola asked, watching them in the little see through cot.. "When they grow Sola, you will be their big sister.. You will have to help Mummy look out for them." Jobal said to the three year old.. The girls grew into a loving and happy home.. With a love of baking, the girls baked every day.. All three girls spent time with their father, who was friends with Senator Onaconda Farr.. But Padme and Kina were closer to him than Sola.. "Why do you call him Uncle Ono, he is not our Uncle?" Sola asked the girls.. "But we like him and he is Daddy's friend." Kina said.. She was now five years old.. "Because it is too much for Kina to call him Senator Farr all the time." Padme said, standing with her hands on her hips..  Setting into motion their love of civic duty.. 

Being identical twins, only their parents could tell them apart.. Causing a lot of problems with their lives.. They, like most girls, like to play pretend.. They would pretend to be each other for a day.. But before it got out of hand, Sola found a way to tell them apart.. "I have these for you.. They are the same but different.. See, one is the star, one is the moon." Sola said to them..  "You can pick Kina." Padme said to her.. "I will pick the Moon..  You are the shining star in our family." Kina said to her.. "No, Padme has just learned to negotiate better than you my little moon girl.." Ruwee said to her.. "We love you Daddy." Kina said, rushing to hug him tight.. "Now make sure you have your necklaces on.. That way we'll always be able to tell you apart." Sola said with a giggle.. 

When they were seven, they travelled with their father, on a relief mission, to Shadda-Bi-Boran.. They were offering aid to suffering planets.. The relief effort of course failed, the people could not adjust to the new homeworld.. Cementing in the twins minds that they would, when they grew up become involved in helping the people and planets in need.

By the time they were eight, they had joined the Apprentice Legislature together.. Their twin bond became stronger and stronger as each day passed.. They eventually became Junior Senatorial advisers.. From there they attended The Theed Royal Academy.. When they were twelve, the girls then participated in the Legislative Youth Program.. Where they met and fell in love with two older boys.. Palo Jemabie and Kina with Kia Dax.. "Why are you going out with them, they are older boys.. They will not be wanting anything but a wife.." Sola said to them.. "How do you know this, we have not told you anything about them.. They were our secret." Kina said to Sola.. "There are no secrets here on Naboo my little sister.. Daddy knows most of the families in the city.." Sola said.. "So he knows about you and The Baker then?" Kina asked.. "No.. No.. Please don't tell.. I will not tell on you.." Sola said.. "So we have a deal then?" Padme asked.. "Sisters forever." Kina said with a giggle...