Extra: Surprise

~Haru's P.O.V~

"Let's go on a date tomorrow, Haru! I'll treat you to whatever you want. Tomorrow is the weekend anyways. We'll meet at the entrance of the park that's next to the port, ok? I'll see you at seven o'clock sharp."

That was what was said by my lover, Rin Matsouka, but I've been here from six thirty. I was quite excited since we barely go on dates thanks to the intense training he's been doing the past few months.

I kept on waiting. The cold breeze brushed against my skin gently, letting me know that it was getting chilly. I look around me, seeing people wearing different clothes. A young couple far away looking into each other's' eyes, so in love. Another couple, where a young man wrapped his scarf around his girlfriend's neck making her feel warm. If only Rin would be here and make me wear his jacket, in this cold weather, to make me feel warm. I sighed at the thought that would never happen.

I looked at the time and saw it was already half past seven. What the hell? Weren't we supposed to meet up at seven o'clock sharp here? Where the hell is he? An hour past since I've been waiting.

I took out my cell phone to call him, but before dialing his number, I glimpsed a figure far away with red hair, wearing a samezuka jacket with blue, plain jeans. Next to him was a young and beautiful girl, almost the same age as us, eating ice cream and holding hands with her partner. I looked closely, trying to figure out who was that person that looked almost like Rin, it was quite dark so I couldn't see properly.

Just then that figure came a bit closer, shock struck me, waking me up. It was Rin. I was shocked to no end; the phone in my hand slipped and fell on the grass making a thud sound. My heart started racing, my breaths became rapid, and I felt dizzy. I couldn't take it anymore. I stumbled, picked my phone and went straight home.

When I reached our house, I headed to our bed, inhaling all of Rins scent. He was with another woman. But why? Wasn't today our date? Then why is he with another person? I kept thinking to myself. I then felt my phone vibrate, I checked it and it was from Rin.

Subject: Sorry

[Sorry Haru but something came up and I cant make it. Sorry for the very late notice. You can go back home. I'll be sure to make it up to you later. Thx.
Rin]

I stared at it for more than five minutes, looking at it blankly. So that thing that came up was that girl? Was it okay for you to hold hands with her? Was she that important? More than me? I kept thinking and thinking, until these thoughts gave me a headache, making me drift off to sleep.

* * *

I heard the bed creak and felt a warm hand caress my cheeks. It felt so pleasant and relaxing. The warmth from the figure next to me was very overwhelming and made me relax. I wished what I saw was just a mistake of mine.

"I love you, Haru." I heard a soft, sweet whisper just before I fell into my deep slumber.

I woke up to the sound of the annoying house phone that would never stop. I got up slowly, careful not to wake up the sleepy head that was next to me, snoring peacefully without a care in the world.

I went to the living room where the source of the annoying sound was. There was a sudden beep sound and then came the voice of the answer machine.

"You have one new message: "Hello. Rin. It's me Riko-chan. I booked a hotel for us on the date you told me. I think it is better not to tell your lover, he may get mad. Hope it turns out good. Oh and thanks for yesterday, I had a lot of fun." End of message" then came the beep sound came indicating the end of the message.