~dream~

Jake's POV

I woke up in my bed. "Hailey?" I called, "where are you?" I asked. I looked over at my desk to see no pen, and no paper.

"Jane, where is Hailey?" I asked, knowing her answer. I saw the guilt in her eyes. "Her funeral is today, Jake," she explained sadly. "B-but, her funeral was last week, and she m-moved the curtains, r-remember?" I asked her, concerned. "I know it's hard, but you need to accept it," she said and walked out the room.

I felt my eyes tear up. Was it all a dream? Was none of it real? But we were just talking, right? I guess I have to get ready anyways..

I put on a suit which Jane laid on my desk and put a rose in the pocket.

The funeral was the worst thing ever.

She isn't here anymore. She said she'd support me through everything. We'll obviously not anymore. When is it my turn to be like her? I just want this to be over! But, Jane and Milo. They will miss me, and I'll miss them. Jane has been with me through everything, and Milo was the light to my darkness. I can't just leave! I have to stay. I don't want to. But I also don't want to leave them. It would be wrong of me to do so! They have both already had to go through lots and have to look after me. Why can't I do that to them?

Maybe I'm just not good enough..

Narrator: Hey y'all, thanks so much for reading this chapter! You guys are the reason I keep making more. I'm so sorry for the delays and short chapters recently. I promise that will be fixed soon. Love you all!
(Word count: 257)

-xo charli