Pain and Anguish

How long Lan Zhan stays in this state is unknown. Secretly Lan Xichen has been taking care of his little brother's wounds and talking to him but still Lan Zhan won't wake up, Lan Xichen is scared he will lose his brother to either his wounds or a broken heart or both. With the help of Nie Huaisang's spies, Lan Xichen has been searching for Wei Wuxian or his body so that Lan Zhan can move on either way.

He cannot bear to see Lan Zhan like this. Broken and body torn apart. He will never forgive nor forget what his uncle Lan Qiren has done to Lan Zhan. Hurting Wangji so gravely and leaving him here to die. Lan Xichen cries while cleaning and caring for Lan Zhan's wounds. *Please come back, little brother. Fight, fight for your life. Please Wangji wake up, come back"

Lan Zhan hears him but has no desire to come back or wake up. So he stays in the darkness and hides.

Lan Zhan thinks " "If it's true that Wei Ying is truly dead then I would gladly follow him. If he is hiding then I will find him. If he's a ghost then I will also become a ghost so that we can roam the world together. I would leave all behind just to be with you, Wei Ying. You don't even have to love me back, I have enough love for the both of us. I never want to leave your side. I would protect, defend and cherish you always.

"Why did you never realize how much I loved you? I loved you calling my name over and over. I loved your smile that surpassed the sun. Your beautiful silver eyes when you looked at me. I loved you. I miss you more than life. Where are you?"

The burden and pain too great for Lan Zhan causes him to again retreat into the darkness. He prays for what even he doesn't know.

Lan Xichen is beyond himself. Finally he becomes angry "Wangji, Wangji everything is so wrong, You're lying here near death and you won't respond to anything. Do you really want to die so badly? Did you really care for Wei Wuxian that much to die for him? What about the child you found in the Burial Mound? Why did you bring him back if you're going to die? Who will care for him when you go? Uncle wants to send him away or throw him out in the streets, Is that what you want!! Didn't Wei Wuxian leave him for you to care for him?"

Please Wangji, I can't fight with our uncle alone. Both the child and I need you. Please come back!! Lan Xichen still sees no response from Lan Zhan and walks away sobbing, feeling all is lost. His little brother has given up and will die.

Lan Zhan comes out of the darkness and thinks to himself "Child? What child?" Then his memories of Wei Ying and A-Yuan come flooding back and he remembers how much Wei Ying cared for the child and took him as his own son.

So deep was his grief he had utterly forgotten about the child he had saved. As he's reliving his memories he hears something. It's so soft that he almost missed it. He listens harder and tries to focus. Wait! There it is again. It's a flute playing a song. His song to Wei Ying. His heart skips a beat. Then he hears a voice. That beautiful voice.

"Lan Zhan, Lan Zhan can you hear me? Where are you? Lan Zhan's heart and mind is racing. Is it really him? Could it really be him? Wei Ying's voice is cracking on the verge of tears because Lan Zhan won't answer him. Finally, timidly and uncertain Lan Zhan says Is it really you Wei Ying?.....