Nine

"Jake?" Katherine was shocked by what she saw. Jacob's hair was cut off he has the same tattoo Embry has. "No," she muttered and backed away.

"Go home, Katherine," Jacob kept his back to her. It began raining outside.

"No," Katherine walked over to him and grabbed his arm turning him around. "No. You don't get to push me away. You said you would never leave me. I don't care what Sam has forced you to believe. I'm not leaving till you give me a good reason."

Jacob clenched his jaw. "It's not safe for you to be around me. So just go home," Jacob kept his eyes down.

"No! Look at me dammit. If you want to abandon me then you look me in the eyes and tell me so," Katherine raised her voice as tears began to fall down her face. Jacob refused to look up. "Look at me!"

Jacob looked up at Katherine only to hear her suck in a breath as she slowly backed away from him. She quickly stumbled out of the house and fell before getting to her car. It was like the rain got louder and she could feel her heartbeat against her ribcage. The smell of the mud overwhelmed her. She looked up to see Jacob staring at her in concern. It was like she was looking through him not at him. He reached out and placed his hand on her and quickly pulled it away. He checked her forehead and neck. She was burning up.

"Kat," Jacob cautiously called.

Katherine finally looked at him like she could see him. "Don't touch me," Katherine smacked his hand away and stood up.

Katherine turned to walk to her car. Jacob put his hand on her arm to stop her but when she spun around and shouted, he went flying backwards. She stepped back shocked. Jacob stood up confused. He looked over at her to notice blood dripping from her nose.

"Somethings wrong," Katherine looked at Jacob with fear in her eyes. Before Jacob could take a step towards her, her eyes rolled to the back of her head.

***

"She's tired, Charlie. She still has clothes here. I'll make sure she gets to school tomorrow," Billy's voice is the first thing Katherine heard as she woke up on the couch.

In a panic she fell off the couch and went to rush to the door. Strong arms wrapped around her and stopped her from leaving.

"Let me go," Katherine struggled against the warm arms.

"You have to calm down," Jacob spoke causing Katherine to begin relaxing. "I'm gonna set you down. Don't freak out or run, okay?"

"Okay," Katherine muttered before being set down.

"Why don't you sit down, Katherine," Sam spoke up.

"Why should I listen to you?" Katherine spun around shaking in anger.

"Kat," Jacob warned.

"No. I don't want to be here and I have no want to listen to anything he says," Katherine clenched her jaw.

"Just hear him out," Billy encouraged.

"Why? So he can convince me that pushing away the people who love me is good for them?" Katherine raised her voice as the wind picked up outside.