Twenty-Five

Everyone was gathered where the battle would take place. They told stories and exchanged bits of their histories. Katherine pulled Jacob away and the two walked quietly away from the group.

"You have to know what I'm about to tell you is only a precaution. We hope it doesn't come to it. Me and Bella just want to be safe."

"Tell me what?"

"If a battle happens you're going to run with Mae. You'll meet up with Leah. She'll be waiting with Kota. When you are far enough there will be instructions in the bag Mae will have. Read them and never look back. Keep our son safe. Keep Renesmee safe. Leah will be beside you no matter what. You four will protect each other. Don't think about this. Edward doesn't know. No one but me and Bella do. When- if the time comes just run."

"Katherine-"

"I mean it, Jake. You keep those kids safe. I'd rather die then something happen to them."

Jacob nodded before pulling Katherine into a tight hug.

"In another life right?" Jacob muttered.

***

All of them stood on the field with their covens. All waiting for the Volturi and their witnesses. Katherine could feel it. The power, the fear. As the Volturi walked onto the field the wolves made their way out of the woods. Seth walked up next to Katherine as Jacob walked up next to Bella.

"Are Leah and Kota safe?" Katherine asked Seth who nodded in response. "Good."

The Volturi came to a stop and Carlisle walked forward and spoke, "Aro, let us discuss things as we used to. In a civilized manner."

"Fair words, Carlisle. But a little out of place, given the battalion you've assembled against us," Aro spoke.

"I can promise you, that was never my intent. No laws have been broken," Carlisle explained.

"We see the child. Do not treat us as fools," Caius spat.

"She is not an Immortal!" Carlisle raised his voice. "These witnesses can attest to that. Or you can look. See the flush of human blood in her cheeks."

"Artifice!" Caius bellowed.

"I will collect every facet of the truth," Aro raised a hand to calm Caius. "But from someone more central to the story. Edward, as the child clings to your newborn mate, I assume you are involved."

Aro walked forward with his hand out. Edward looked to his daughter and wife before walking away. Bella moved Renesmee next to Jacob and Katherine left Seth's side to join her sister's side. Bella focused her sheild on Edward and Katherine focused the energy she was feeling on Bella. The sheild came back to Bella. The sisters shared a look.

"He'll be fine," Katherine assured her sister.

Edward came to a stop in front of Aro and gave him his hand. Aro seemed amazed by what he's seen. Katherine held Bella's hand.