Twenty-One

"Okay," Katherine muttered to herself as she slowly made her way down stairs. "Dad?"

"Yeah? What's wrong?" Charlie asked as soon as he saw her.

"Nothing is wrong. I need you to not freak out," Katherine sighed. "I've been having contractions since last night. I just wanted to sleep here and figured I'd be fine."

"Okay. Let's get you to the hospital," Charlie said as he helped her to the door.

"No, Carlisle's. Everything is set up there. Just take me there," Katherine argued.

"Hospitals are safer," Charlie said.

"Dad, just trust me please," Katherine pleaded before heading out the door to his cruiser.

***

The whole house waited in the living room as Bella and Katherine were in the office with Carlisle. Jacob sat next to Rosalie trying to distract himself with the toddler in her lap. Charlie kept looking over at Jacob and Renesmee. Seth paced back and forth as Edward tried to calm him. The others stood around almost like statues. Leah remained outside of the house. Not even this could cause her to gather in the Cullens home. Katherine's cries could be heard throughout the house but then it was quiet. Moments later the cries of a baby were heard. Everyone but Charlie heard Carlisle tell Katherine that she had a healthy baby boy. Jacob would trade places with Bella after Carlisle had cleaned Katherine and the baby up. Carlisle left the room once he had finished his work. Simply for the human Carlisle announced that Katherine and the baby were healthy and that the baby was a boy.

"He's so small," Katherine said before looking up at Jacob. "You want to hold him?"

Jacob nodded and took the baby into his arms. "What are we naming him?"

***

Katherine was sat in a wheelchair simply for show. She was healed due to her vampire nature but Charlie didn't know this. She held her son close as Jacob pushed them into the living room. The new mother noticed that Billy was now present. Charlie was the first to walk over and see the baby. Billy was close by and kept his eyes on his first grandchild.

"Can I?" Charlie gestured to hold the baby.

"Of course," Katherine smiled as she handed him over. "Would you guys like to know his name?"

Collective nods and yes' were heard from everyone. Katherine looked up to Jacob with a smile.

"His name is Dakota Billy Black," Jacob said with a smile.

"Alright, quit hogging him," Billy said with a smile.

Everyone had spent their time with mother and child before Charlie and Billy headed home. Katherine was in bed with her son by her side, simply enjoying his company. Rosalie came in to spend her time with him and she brought Renesmee with her. Her niece and Rosalie eventually left and took Dakota with her to let Katherine rest.

***

Katherine smiled as she watched Jacob and Renesmee. She had decided to take Dakota to meet Leah, since she wasn't there when everyone had met him.

"Hey," Katherine greeted when she saw Leah sitting on a rock.

"Hey," Leah responded before looking back. When Leah glanced back she saw Katherine holding Dakota and she quickly stood up. "Is that him?"