Twenty-Two

Leah walked into Katherine's room that morning. Katherine looked up at her and smiled.

"You here to take him for the day?" Katherine teased.

"Me? With a baby the whole day?" Leah panicked.

"I'll stay with you the whole time. Don't worry," Katherine shook her head. "He's asleep right now but when he wakes up we could do some tummy time. It's a little too cold out for him so I hope you don't mind staying in the house with us."

Leah shook her head. "I'm sorry," she muttered.

"For what?" Katherine asked.

"Imprinting on him," Leah looked down at her feet.

"I'm not. To me, it means that he has you keeping him safe his whole life. I know you'd never let him get hurt," Katherine smiled at Leah.

Leah scoffed with a smile on her face, "no one in his family would let that happen."

"Poor things got a pretty big family. Very strong too," Katherine chuckled. "Where's Bella and Mae?"

"Out with Jacob. He said they were going to enjoy the snow," Leah sat down near Dakota.

"Maybe we should get some breakfast before he wakes up," Katherine suggested right before Dakota began fussing. "Or we feed him then ourselves." Leah chuckled as she picked him up.

***

Bella explained what happened with Irina. Leah was stood nearby with Dakota in her arms. Carlisle was on the phone trying to figure out why she had come here.

"Tanya convinced Irina to come reconcile with us," Carlisle explained after he got off the phone.

"It looks like she changed her mind," Edward said from his seat at the piano next to Renesmee.

"Seeing Jacob must have been too much for her," Esme theorized.

Leah scoffed earning a look from Katherine.

"Wish I could have just spoken to her," Bella said.

"She's family. She'll come around," Carlisle said confidently.

Edward began playing the piano with Renesmee. Everyone in the room watched her and Edward with smiles. Everything was finally calm and peaceful. Katherine moved over to Leah's side. She noticed Dakota was awake but not fussing. It seemed like he was listening to the music. Everyone began gathering to watch Renesmee play the piano. Carlisle and Esme began playing a game of chess. Alice was bringing in a vase of flowers when she stopped and sucked in a breath. Dakota began crying just before Alice dropped the vase.

"What is it, Alice?" Jasper asked after speeding to her side.

"The Volturi. They're coming for us. Aro, Caius, Marcus, the guard. And Irina," Alice explained.

Leah passed Dakota to Katherine. He began to calm down the second Katherine moved to Bella's side. Leah moved to stand beside Jacob.

"Honey, come here," Bella motioned to Renesmee who stood up and moved to her mother's side.

"Why?" Carlisle asked.