Escaping, gone wrong!

---3 days later---

I looked around the entire house but there seemed to be no way out. I even asked Kang indirectly, this morning but nothing.

I haven't seen Taeyong for 2 days and I have no one to talk to either. Mrs. Kang was nowhere to be seen but the food was always prepared. He can't leave one person in this house to accompany me. 

The door opened wide making me startle. I turned my head and was surprised to see an injured Taeyong. He was barely holding himself.

"What happened?" I asked as I got to him.

"Just treat me, will you, doc?" he asked as he put on a smile. I nodded and helped him to the bed. 

"How did you get hurt?"

"I was stabbed," I made him lie on the bed and cut open his shirt with a scissor. There was a knife stab in his torso and a few other cuts in his arm. I examined it and it didn't seem quite deep.

I hurried to the bathroom and wet the towel with some hot water. I got back to him and placed the cloth on the wound. 

"It'll pain a bit. Stop me if it hurts," He nodded and I pressed the warm towel on the wound. He let out a soft groan. I wiped the excess blood and put it aside.

"W-Where's the first aid kit?" 

"It's in the back of the car," I looked for the key and headed down as I grabbed it. I got to the truck and spotted a black box that read 'medical kit'. 

I grabbed it and hurried back in. I opened it and emptied the box by flipping it over. It almost had everything. I took the ointment and applied it. I stitched the wound and covered it with a bandage.

I put everything back in the kit and put it aside. I took the towel covered in blood to wash it but he held my hand making me stop.

"Don't go... Stay here," 

"But I need to wash-" 

"Please," His tone was different... like he was missing someone by his side. I nodded and sat beside him, looking at him. He gently closed his eyes and I just looked at him.

'I know nothing about him and just agreed to stay with him. The more I feel like leaving, something tells me to stay here and know more about him. But I have left my life behind. I need to go back. But...' 

I looked at him again and sighed. 

'I don't know what is happening around me. I am losing my mind staying here.' I slowly fell asleep. 

---An hour later---

I heard the phone buzzing for a while. I woke up and found myself lying on the bed with... Taeyong in front of me. He had his arms wrapped around me and we were quite close enough. 

I tried to push him away and get up but he pulled me closer and slowly opened his eyes. The phone continued buzzing. He grabbed it with his gaze fixed on me.

"What is it? - I'll be there," He declined the call. He moved in closer and shifted his gaze to my lips and back to my eyes. I moved my head backwards, avoiding the closeness.

"Tell me the truth... You sure did enjoy our little moment in the hospital, didn't you?" I hesitated to answer him. 

"I-It was just for a short while. Don't dig into it too much," 

"So you do agree you liked it," I fell silent.

"I'll take that as a yes, then," He said with a smirk. He kissed my forehead and got up from the bed. He grabbed his jacket and was about to head out.

"Where do you think you are going?" I asked.

"Just have somewhere to be. Why? Anything you have to ask?" 

"I just stitched your wound up. You go out, fight with someone, and have things get tough?"

"Isn't someone worried here?" he asked with a satisfied smile. I opened my mouth to say something but stopped myself cause I didn't want to argue with him. 

"Don't go anywhere and behave like a good girl. I'll be back soon," and he left.

---Time skip to 7:30 pm---

It was getting dark. Taeyong left for some work and I was under Kang's watch. I learned that there is a back door through the kitchen from Mrs. Kang. This is the best opportunity I've got to escape. Mrs. Kang is also not in the kitchen. If not now, I can never get away from here.

But I need to send Kang away from here. I need to come up with something.

"Uh, Kang... I'm kinda craving some snacks,"

"What would you like to have? I'll get it,"

"Anything would work," He nodded and as he unlocked the door, I hit the back of his head with a vase. He fell to the ground instantly. I checked his pulse to see if he was dead. Luckily, he wasn't. 

I slowly peeped to see if anyone was there and walked to the kitchen. I found the back door but it was locked. I looked around if I could find something. A stiff, plastic card caught my eye. I grabbed it and placed it between the door and the door jamb. 

I pushed it down with force and it was unlocked. A smile plastered on my face as I was happy knowing there was a way to escape. As I opened it, I was greeted by the garden. I slowly walked forward but hid behind a tree as I heard the cries of an unfamiliar voice. 

"Please believe me... It wasn't me! Hear me out," A man begged as he was on his knees with his hands tied.

"There's nothing more to talk about! You were the one who gave away our secrets!" another voice shouted. 

"Can you lower it down?" The familiar voice of Taeyong. I slowly peeped through the tree and found Taeyong standing along with two other men whose face wasn't visible.

"I am telling you he is the one!" 

"Can you let him speak? You're stopping him," He said.

"Boys, can you stop your fight? Did you leak it out or not?" the man standing in the middle asked.

"Master, I did not do it. It is someone else. I swear on-" Before he could finish, a bullet passed through his head making him fall to the ground.

I covered my mouth in shock, refraining from shouting. I leaned on the tree as I thought about it. I just witnessed a man getting shot.

"What is wrong with you? Why would you shoot him?" Taeyong asked irritated.

"He is the one! What else do you want me to do? Let him live and leak more information?" 

"Can you both stop your nonsense? I'm so sick of it,"

Their conversation just went on while I couldn't believe what I had just seen. My legs got weak making me fall to the ground.

"Who's there?" I heard a sharp voice. I realized I'd been caught.