His family

---A week later---

"Sweetheart, I'm feeling hungry," Taeyong said as he sat beside me in the dining area. I was busy reading a book.

"There's some leftovers in the fridge. If that isn't enough, I'll make something,"

"Sweetheart, I'm hungry for love," He said as he held my hand.

"Not now," I said and pushed his hand away.

For the past week, Taeyong has shown me love and only love. We'd go on dates, and bike rides, and have so much fun. Though he gets busy with his work, he doesn't forget to spend time with me. He also shared a few things about his work with me which sounded cool.

The public and media showcased him as a killer and dangerous person, but truth be told, he is nothing like that. He has a reason to do whatever he is doing. And I support him no matter what others think. And he's been the most gentle with me and people I know. 

Coming back to the present, I've told him a lot of times to rest up as his body is still healing and he returns home with a few bruises at least. That's the only thing that worries me. I closed the book and looked at him.

"I am going to take a shower. No peaking," I specified to him and left for the bathroom. As I walked out after the shower, I was pulled into his arms and pinned to the wall.

"Sweetheart, there's something I need to tell you. Um... There's a family dinner tonight. Everyone is quite excited to see you,"

"Why is it I get to know things on the day of happening?" He didn't answer.

"With me being new here... won't they blame me as the mole?" I asked doubtfully.

"This is why I didn't tell you earlier. It would be best if you didn't think too much about it. I'll take care of everything,"

"But I don't want to put all my problems on your shoulders. You already have a lot to look after,"

"You are not a burden, Y/n. Stop thinking a lot. Why don't you talk to your friend? Or let's go for a ride?" He asked changing the subject.

I pushed him away and stood by the window, looking out the empty garden. Taeyong hugged me from behind as he rested his chin on my shoulder.

"What are you worried about? You have me at all times. I'll make sure nothing happens to you,"

"That's the problem. If it involves me, I need to defend myself. What will they think if I can't speak for myself? They'll also say I ain't fit to be with you if I can't protect myself,"

"I understand what you're saying. But I don't want you to get hurt by them, especially Taeho," I turned to look at him and caressed his cheek.

"I can do this, Bubu. Just give me a chance. I am not saying I won't come but if any problem arises, let me deal with it. Hm?" He gave a nod and placed his lip on mine. I broke the kiss and hugged him tight.

---Time skip to 7:30 pm---

I looked through the bunch of dresses that sat in the closet. I was debating what to wear cause it was the first time I was going to meet his parents. I need to look presentable. I looked at myself in the mirror as I tried them on. 

I found the perfect dress after a lot of tryouts.

Outfit: