Is he dead?

I was pretty beaten up because of Hana who couldn't hold herself the more she saw me.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked as blood trickled from my lips. 

"So I can be the one beside Taeyong. You don't deserve to be with him!"

"But Taeyong doesn't like you. What is the use of doing all this? What do you get by being beside Taeyong?" She held my chin and leaned closer.

"Revenge. I get my revenge for my father's death," I looked at her confused. 

"My father was wrongfully convicted for a crime he didn't do. His father mercilessly ended his life, forcing my mother and me into a state of homelessness. Unable to support me anymore, my mother met a tragic end by falling from the 12th floor. It was at that moment I vowed to seek my vengeance at all costs. Unfortunately, with you caught in the crossfire, my carefully constructed plan was thwarted,"

"What did Taeyong do for something his father did?"

"You ask too many questions! Just keep that filthy mouth of yours shut!" I flinched as Taeho shouted.

"*scoffs* Your plan won't work out. Taeyong won't let that happen,"

"He should be alive first," Taeho said.

"W-What? What do you mean?" I asked furiously. Hana smirked and looked at me.

"You'll get a front seat show to see your husband die. Don't worry, you will join him soon, later. How about a trial round?" She placed the gun on my forehead and pressed it closer.

I shut my eyes tight as I felt the cold metal on my skin. I heard the trigger being pulled.

"Not so fast," I heard a familiar voice. 

"Argh!" I heard Hana groan. My eyes shot open and I found Hana's arm bleeding.

"Taeyong..." I whispered under my breath as I saw him standing in front of me, pointing his gun at Taeho.

Taeho shot in Taeyong's direction but he was quick to hide himself. He held my hair and pointed the gun at my neck.

"Dear brother... if you don't walk out from there, the next bullet will be in your wife's heart. Do you hear that?" Taeyong remained to hide.

Taeho shot the ceiling making me shrink to the seat.

"I am serious! Step out and I'll leave her unhurt," Taeyong slowly got away from his hiding spot with his hands in the air.

"I'm here. Let her go," 

"We're not done yet. Throw your gun aside," He demanded. 

"Taeyong, don't. Don't listen to him!"

"You just shut up! I didn't ask you to speak," Taeho said as he grabbed my chin. 

"Let her go! Don't do anything to her. *throws the gun away* I did as you said," He said bringing his hands back to the air.

"Kneel," I shook my head in an attempt to ask him to stop doing what he was but he seemed determined to do anything for me. Four men gathered around him and started beating him up. He didn't protest or fight them back.

Seeing him in pain for me, tears fell silently. Taeho and Hana seemed to be enjoying the show.

"Enough," and they stopped. He was pretty bruised up and bleeding like I was.

"It doesn't seem to hurt, does it?" Hana asked as she pulled out a knife and played with it.

"I know where to touch to see you hurt. So, what do you say?" She looked at Taeyong and back at me. She traced my face with the knife.

"Hana, let her go! Don't hurt her!" Taeyong shouted as he tried to free himself from the men holding him.  

"These hands are important for your job, aren't they? How about a little scar?" I felt the sharp tip of the knife dig deep into my skin and drag down from my joint to my wrist.

"ARGH!!" I groaned loudly in pain as fresh blood flowed out.

"Y/n!! Hana, why are you doing this?! What did I do to you?" he shouted in rage as tears were forming in his eyes. 

"The only mistake you made was bringing this woman into your life. If she hadn't come along, my plan would've gone smoothly. I would've been your wife and taken my revenge," 

"You shouldn't have been harsh on her. She's bleeding a lot," Taeho interrupted as he looked at my hand.

"To hell with you both! If you want me to spare her, come with me. Throw your feelings away for her and come with me. Taeho will look after her," she demanded.

"Yes, brother. I'll take better care of her than you. Just say yes," Taeho added.

"Under no circumstances, not even in my wildest dreams, will that ever occur. I refuse to let that happen, not even if I have to fight tooth and nail," Taeyong kicked the guy beside him and soon brought each of them to the ground. 

"H-Hey! Listen, don't come closer," Taeho was in horror as he realized he was caught. Taeyong pointed the gun at him.

"It wasn't my fault. It was Hana! She said she'd make me the leader and asked me to help her out. I only did what she said," 

"What?!" Hana looked at him in disbelief. Taeyong didn't care about Hana. His focus was on Taeho.

"You traitor! You betrayed our family!" he shouted as he got closer.

"What did I do? I-I did nothing," He stammered.

"You are the mole! You sold out the information to them for a hefty sum of money and the leader position. You shot that suspect dead before he could say something, so you wouldn't get caught. You kept framing Y/n for something she didn't do. You tried every way to hide yourself but too bad, you got caught," He paused.

"You both planned on kidnapping Y/n that day from the wedding gown store. You also were the one who sent that guy into my premises, to kill Y/n. You hurt not only my family but Y/n, the one I adore the most. I will not spare you for that,"

"What proof do you have that I did everything you mentioned?!" He shouted.

"I have every tiny detail to say that it was you. Your secret meeting with SungHo... You think I didn't know about it?" 

"Yeah, I did it! So what?! What are you gonna do about it? I'll kill your dear wife and you. I will take the leadership position and rule the mafia world," 

"You're dreaming too fast," as he said, Taeho was stung by a taser gun. I looked behind me and found Jaehyun. His men caught Hana while a few took Taeho away. Jaehyun set me free from the ropes and I hurried to Taeyong. Though I was feeling quite dizzy, I hugged him tightly and cried a mess. 

"You're so reckless! What if something happened to you? I was scared I wouldn't see you again,"

"It's alright, sweetheart. I'm here. You're in safe hands," He kissed my forehead and embraced me.

"I will not let this go!" Hana shouted making us look at her. 

"If I can't get that place, she can't either," She set herself free from the men holding her and pulled out their gun. She pointed it towards me and just shot, without thinking.

Before the bullet could hit me, Taeyong stood in front of me, taking it. I looked at Hana who didn't feel any remorse at all. She shot again and it hit his chest. Jaehyun stopped her before she could do anything further and they took her out.

I knelt beside Taeyong who was trying not to groan. 

"Taeyong, don't close your eyes. Stay with me!" I shouted as I tried ways to stop the bleeding.

"Sweetheart, I promise I'll not leave you," He said with a faint smile. His pulse was going down.

"We need to take him to the hospital! Now!" Jaehyun didn't ask further and helped Taeyong get in the car. 

He sped up and we soon reached. I asked Jaehyun to send Taeyong to the ER. I held myself together and got in. I fell to the ground as I got to the entryway.

"Dr. Lim!" I heard a faint noise but soon everything went blank.