Y/n's past

I was ready to open up about my past to him. He's the one I love and he has the right to know. I took a deep breath and spoke,

"When I was 7... my mother ran away with my father's close friend. Neither of us saw it coming. I sat for days thinking what wrong I did for her to leave... I blamed myself for her disappearance. I tried moving on from her absence, but it wasn't easy. School life wasn't pretty good or memorable. We had no other relations. My father was my only support during all my hard times. He did everything to make me happy. But he left me too soon before I could return his love. Life wasn't easy without a person to guide me through things," I paused.

"I somehow made it here. I'm happy with what I'm doing now. Following my father's footsteps and not living off someone else's assets, I think I made my dad proud," I looked at him who stayed silent for a while. 

"You're damn brave, doc. I am more proud of you," He said ruffling my hair. We just stared into each other's eyes.

"I'm glad I spoke to you about it. I have been feeling stuffy keeping this all in," 

"So... where's my reward?" I chuckled hearing him. I held onto his jacket and pulled him closer. 

"Reward? What reward?" My hands slowly travelled to the back of his neck and our foreheads were touching. I didn't move any closer, teasing him. I giggled as I saw him getting grumpy.

"Are you playing with me, sweetheart?" My giggle turned into laughter making my head fall backward.

"It was fun watching you get impatient," I played with his hair and filled the gap between us. I broke the kiss after 30 seconds and looked at him. He held the back of my neck and pulled me gently to continue our kiss. 

The way his hands travelled around my body brought twists in my stomach. We stayed there for a while and returned home.

***Taeyong's POV***

Kang came in hurriedly as Jae, Hana, and I were discussing something. He seemed tensed. He insisted on talking to me alone. We excused ourselves and headed out.

"B-Boss, the guy who died... He isn't the mole. It is someone else," I was shocked. 

"Does Taeho know about this?" 

"I informed him and he seemed quite tensed about it. I doubt if he has something to do with this," I nodded as I learned the new information.

"Boss... the family dinner's coming up,"

"So what?" 

"Nothing, it's just that... Y/n will be invited as well. Since that guy wasn't the one we were finding, I'm afraid Y/n would be put to blame," 

"What are you saying?"

"I am not blaming her boss. But you know how Taeho is. He will do anything to make her leave this place," I agreed on it.

"I'll make sure nothing will happen to her. For now, read Taeho's activities," He nodded and left. I took my departure from there after bidding goodbye to them.

On my way, I couldn't stop thinking about Taeho. What if he was the mole? He stopped him from talking and shot him dead. Is he hiding something? The fact I got the wrong guy made me feel pissed and angry.

I was so mad at myself that I shouted at Y/n, who was different from her usual self. Once she walked out of the house, I realized I made a mistake. She was already crying and I just had to make things even worse. 

I decided to take Y/n out so she could relax her mind. She's been inside these four walls and into her thoughts. We had a great night though. I got to know a lot about her. 

---Next day---

I walked out of the bathroom and found Y/n still sleeping soundly. I lay beside her and looked at her like it was the first time I had ever seen her. 

"Sweetheart, it's time you wake up," I whispered in her ears. 

"A few more minutes, please. I'm very tired," Her voice was deep, making me want her. I kissed her earlobe and slowly moved down her jawline.

"Bubu, this ain't the time for it," She pushed me away and continued her sleep. 

"Is your sleep more important than me?" She responded with a muffled hum. I forced myself on top of her and held her chin so she could face me. She had her eyes closed. 

I kissed her and looked at her but she was still in her slumber. I was getting agitated as she kept playing with me.

"Sweetheart, if you don't wake up now, I've got to work it through my methods," 

"Your methods? You mean, shower me with kisses or try to have your hands under my shirt. I'm used to your daily wake-up methods. Come up with something new," I was caught off guard hearing her.

"You aren't even scared, are you? You're my girlfriend after all. Why would you be scared?" I sighed and looked at her.

"Well, I thought of taking you along with me to work. Looks like you're not interested. I'll go along with Hana," Y/n got on top of me as I got away from her. She was quite quick there. 

"You were saying something?" she asked as she looked at me with wide, clear eyes. Entertaining factor, she's jealous. I was holding myself from bursting out as I saw her getting worked up as I mentioned Hana's name.

"You're awake," I said changing the topic. 

"Why is Hana coming with you? Are you planning on making things tough?" she asked irritated.

"No sweetheart. It's purely a business purpose. Jaehyun's coming as well. If you want, you can tag along," She didn't reply and the expression she had was quite unreadable.

"Anything wrong, sweetheart? You don't look good," She lay on my chest while I fiddled with her hair.

"It's just that... Ah! Never mind," she said and got up from the bed. Maybe I shouldn't have brought that up. But it was cute watching her get jealous. I smiled to myself.

I decided to wait for her in the dining area. 

***Y/n's POV***

I locked myself in the bathroom and leaned on the door. Though Jaehyun said not to worry about anything, looking at Hana on the first day, I am sure she would go to any extent to take me away from Taeyong. 

She just gets on my nerves. I feel irritated just at the thought of her. I will make sure that she knows who Taeyong belongs to. 

With that, I refreshed myself and headed out. I joined Taeyong in the dining area who smiled warmly at me. I refused to return it and ate my breakfast avoiding his gaze. He brought up Hana early in the morning and spoiled my mood.

"Is this how you're gonna stay for the day?"

"Depends on your behaviour,"

"If it's Hana that is disturbing you-" I cut him off immediately.

"I never said it was her. I was just thinking about... What to wear,"

"You don't need to get worked up for it. I have selected a few for you. You can choose among them,"

I nodded silently and continued eating.