3) Why are we here?

*sexual content. Readers be advised.*

Lucy was overwhelmed by the sheer chaos of the Letum festival. It was like nothing she had ever seen before. Many in the crowd were painted with black patterns like their guide who had introduced himself as Austran before leading them to the stables and into the festivities taking place in town Square. Unfortunately, the area could not hold the droves of people drunk on ale and 'Spirit Water' as Austran referred to the blue tinged liquid sloshing out of various cups. Their lively bodies spilled out in each direction, filling every nook, side street, and back alley.

People largely ignored the three as they pushed their way towards the inn on the other side, though plenty gave Austran a warm greeting, or, at the very least, a grunt of acknowledgement. Lucy stayed tucked under Alexander's strong arm with Hunter lingering at her other shoulder, his finger loosely clinging to her wrist. She peeked out from under the king's black cloak to gape at those around them. Like the witches, they seemed to have a very small sense of modesty, most half naked as they danced and laughed under sewn banners laced in black roses. Jewelry crafted out of small animal bones adorned their necks, wrists, and waists. Lanterns and torches lit the square with a raging bonfire burning at its center. Lucy could not help but be memorized at the sheer size of it and swore she caught a glimpse of twirling figures and animals within the orange flame.

But before she could squint forward for a closer look, Alexander was ushering her into the tavern hall and the door slammed closed behind them. A few patrons glanced up from their mugs, but most looked bored and uninterested after a moment or two and returned to their conversations or idle pondering.

Austran motioned for them to stay put before plowing his way towards the barkeep. It seemed most had the good sense to give him a wide berth lest they be knocked over or trampled by his massive form. Reaching the man behind the bar, he leaned across, muttering something. The barkeep, a short man with a fox-like face and dark brown hair, shot the three of them a quick look before nodding. Austran returned to them, a tense smile on his lips.

"He said he can spare one room," dropping a small bronze key in Alexander's palm, he then opened his hand expectantly.

The king raised one dark, arched brow and shifted so that Lucy was sandwiched between his back and Hunter behind her. "You will get the rest of your gold before we make our safe and quiet departure tomorrow morning. In the meantime, I require an audience with Quinn and Lilith."

Austran's eyes rounded like saucers. "What could you possibly want with the twins?"

<><><>

The room was quaint, but to Austran's benefit, likely the best the inn had to offer. Equipped with a straw stuffed queen bed, a wooden chest for their belongings, a wash stand, and a modest hearth. Xander easily lit a fire and Lucy set to work unpacking their things. She had to admit that, despite the rather horrifying display outside the town and the chaotic scene in the square, having four walls and a relatively soft bed after weeks on the road was a luxury she had missed, though she would not be admitting this to Alexander, nor Hunter who had gone back down to the tavern to fetch their dinners.

After emptying their things into the wooden chest, Lucy went to the window, throwing open the latched shutters for a view of the festivities below. Her back suddenly warmed with Alexander's intense heat as he moved up right behind her, skimming his fingers down her sides to rest on her hips before he dipped low to plant a kiss on her neck. She moaned softly, biting her lower lip and craning her head to the side to give him unimpeded access to her velvety throat.

With a nimble tug, he freed her shoulder from her riding dress so he could continue his assault further down, nipping until her ivory skin blushed. His hands began to bunch her skirts, pulling them up towards her waist so his touch could reach around to her inner thighs. Rubbing circles inward, he cupped her mound, massaging with vigor until she gasped. Her head fell back into his chest. She closed her eyes, the building sensation starting to peak. Wetness pooled within her underclothes and she writhed, arching into his imploring hands, enjoying the feel of his excitement pressed into her back.