28) Time to move on

"What the fuck do you mean she is no longer welcome here?" Hunter growled at the Elders who sat behind their crescent moon table.

Abbot sighed heavily with a shake of his head, "Mind your tongue, Familiar. This is not what we said," he folded his hands together in front of him. "We simply implied that after last night's display, there is nothing more we can teach the young Forged." Turning his eyes to her, "You are already stronger than we could make you."

The others nodded in agreement, another adding, "Another thing that has been left undiscussed..." he left the subject hanging in the air. "Distribution." Again, more of the elders muttered their agreement.

Abbot, too, nodded, "Yes this is a strange occurrence indeed."

At Lucy's confused expression, Hunter was kind enough to grunt out an explanation. "Normally when a Flame is made, the Forged who made it will take it into the world. Giving it to someone for safe keeping, that way the dragon it belongs to will find it whenever it is ready. But you are quite an oddity and this is an extraordinary situation."

"Because I made so many?" She asked, looking around, settling on Alexander.

He held her eyes as one of the elders finally answered, "Because a dragon has not hatched since the night Sabrina Clement created the prince's original ring."

Luciana's jaw dropped open, somehow missing the obvious fact sitting in front of her face. Her mother had made his Flame. It had not just fallen into her possession for safe keeping, she had been the one who created it. Gave Alexander life. Which left the question, why had she kept it?

"So what?" Hunter demanded, his cold demeanor returning. "You just want us to pack them all up and leave?"

The newest member of the table scoffed at him, "Of course not. We will send the larger of the items out by raven. The Sword of Calimar, the Helm of Forsite, and the Gilded Shield will be sent to our brother monasteries. Our trust ends there, and the remaining fourteen will be left for you to leave in safe places."

"Should we trust the daughter of a Flame thief?" Another old man spoke up, seemingly the only one who had not been won over by her display of power.

This time it was Alexander who jumped to her defense, "Whoa, wait a second. Luciana has done nothing but show the fact she is nothing like her mother. Not only telling the truth under the pressure of an abuser in power, but also showed she has the ability to make Flames. Untrained. More than any one Forged has done in our history." The monks deliberated among themselves.

"It is decided. As planned," Abbot shot a look to the one who had spoken out. "Our brothers will be in charge of the larger Flames and you shall be responsible for the rest."

She wanted to protest, not because she did not want to be separated from the larger three, but because she did not want the responsibility of fourteen dragon souls. But instead she kept her mouth shut and grabbed the back of Hunter's shirt when he made a move to argue about the first three.

"At least allow us a couple of days to rest before we take our leave," Alexander bargained politely. "It took a lot out of Luciana to do this ritual and will need to regain her strength for the sake of her health and our child."

Abbot nodded once, which was apparently a sign that also adjourned the meeting. Although Hunter still wanted to argue, he followed the Dragon king out as he led his flame back to their bed chamber.

"Where do they get off?" Hunter was babbling, but Luce was not hearing him. Imagining what it was going to be like to carry not only the responsibility of Alexander's Flame inside of her.