27) It Is Time

Lucy leaned back into Alexander in the hot water of the baths, which he refused to allow her use alone. As it was, she knew Hunter was not too far away either. "What if it does not work?" She whispers softly as her fingertips trace back and forth over the back of his hand, which was settled over her stomach bump. "The only time my power shows itself is when I am not trying to do anything." Even when her's and her baby's lives were in danger, she had not been able to summon it. Why would this be any different?

"You will be able to do it," he began rubbing his hand in a large lazy circle. "I can feel your power, my queen, and that of our son's. Your familiar is right, tonight you will create a Flame. I have nothing but faith in you and your abilities."

Letting his words hang in the air, she just relaxed her head back against his shoulder. What abilities was he talking about? Why did he have more confidence in her than she did? "I believe you," she lied.

She believed in his faith in her, not in herself. If he saw it, it must be there.. She hoped.

Sensing her unease, he lifted her easily in the water, turning her around so she was forced to straddle him. "You listen to me right now Luciana," bringing his hand up to grip her chin, keeping her from looking away. "No matter what happens tonight, we are together and we will figure it out." Despite his words, she can see there is a spark of worry in his eyes. There was something he was not telling her, something that scared him. Did he know about Quinn's changing vision?

Sitting up, he brought his mouth to hers, kissing away the silent doubt both of them shared. The hand on her chin slid back into her hair, the other pressing flat against her lower back. With slight pressure, he forced her pelvis forward into his growing excitement. She groaned against his mouth, which echoed against the cavern walls.

He only pulled back enough to chuckle and shush her quietly. But it was too late, they had been heard. "If you two would not mind, we do have something important to get to," Hunter's voice reached them easily, making Lucy look to make sure he was not standing in the entryway. "Something that determines whether we stay or leave," he pressured as if he did not feel the same unease the two of them did.

Alexander growled against her neck, right below her ear, "You do not have to remind us, cat. Clearly I am doing more to help her relax than you can." Lucy splashed him a little as she smacked his chest, but he okay shook his head. "It is true, is it not, cat?" He raised his voice just enough. "It is just how he was born. Wanting to please the forge he is paired with. He was born to love you," he told her, once again addressing Hunter a little louder. "No matter how much he fights it."

"You are over reading things, he clearly has eyes for other women, not me." Rolling her eyes, she awkwardly backs her way off of his lap, despite his lucid attempt to keep her there.

Shaking his head, "Oh my sweet innocent queen," slowly climbing after her, keeping his hand on her as she exited, to keep her from falling. Pulling her close once they were both on solid ground. "The things you are still so blind to," kissing her again, before bending down to fetch the drying clothes waiting for them. He would take her back to their chamber where the slave girl would help her prepare for the ritual.

"I am not blind," she scolded him, allowing him to wrap her in a blanket like cloth. "I just do not see something that is not there." Following him out of the baths, she found Hunter was no longer waiting for them. "See what your accusations do, you probably made him uncomfortable."

He just shook his head and led her back to their bedding chamber, where Jena was waiting to dress her. Although she did step out for the dragon king to dress when Lucy made it clear no one else was to see him. Something that made him chuckle about jealous hormones in her. Kissing her, he promised to be right outside the door, before letting Jena back in and stepping out.