34) Childhood home

'The joyous day of wedding bells draws near, planned for this next . The Queen's guest has fled from the castle, off to gather a large following. Not set to return until after the accident of our mutual friend. If there is to be a plan to remove her from danger then it needs to be done without haste. Will be watching for your reply and plan.'

Lucy handed the letter to Alexander, that way he could confirm it was really her writing and not someone trying to forge a response in her name. Her mind raced instead of paying attention to the others. Alexander with the paper in his hand and Hunter trying to read it over his shoulder.

The wedding was happening, According to the last correspondence she had from Sabrina, that was when Victoria was supposed to be killed. Endon was no longer there. Which meant this was the perfect opportunity to get in and out with less chances of being caught. And with her change in physical appearance, it was possible that she would be able to go unnoticed by any of those who might see her.

Hunter started with a tone that was clear about where he was going, "Lucy..."

Her head just shook back and forth once, "Do not start." She did not have to look at them, wondering a few steps away; rubbing her stomach while she thought.

"He is right," her dragon agreed, which was never a good sign. "This is too dangerous. Plus I am almost curtain Mary would not do something to upset Jamie so harshly."

Yet, according to their source, that was exactly what she planned on doing. Turning around, she looked back at them both, almost angry that this was something they could agree on. "How are you willing to risk that?" Willing to risk the life of the person who had been like her only family growing up?

"Lucy," her Familiar tried again, but Alexander cut him off.

"We are at war, fighting for something bigger than one commoner's life."

One commoner? Her heart sank into the furthest depths of Tartarus. Until a few weeks ago, she was in a lesser status than Victoria, who was at least a lady of sorts. Lucy on the other hand had been nothing but a dirty servant until Alexander plucked her from the dirt.

Not by his own choosing.

Swallowing hard, she clenched her jaw, gritting out through her teeth, "I am going to find us something to eat." Turning around she snatched up her cloak and was out the door before she got it swung around her shoulders. Storming away from the abandoned slaves' house, at the back of a property that was no longer occupied.

The door slammed closed behind her, but she did not turn to find out which one of them it was.

She wandered off toward the main estate, vaguely hoping there might be something usable to make them a real meal. Something they had not had in the last three days, since they left Greynar's manor. They arrived nearly a day ago, not wandering far from the secluded building. Waiting until the messenger arrived, then departed just as fast.

But right now she needed space, and prayed that whoever followed after would understand that until she had time to think straight.

But there was no such luck.

"Luce, he even said it himself," Hunter tried but she did not stop to make it easier for him to catch up. "She will not hurt your friend if she is married to the prince." Catching up quickly thanks to her slower pace, he stopped in front of her, "If Endon is gathering forces then we need to as well."

She walked right past him, not willing to waste her breath if even he was against her. It was clearly a battle she was going to lose in this war, "I get it. Just leave me to accept it." Lucy snapped, just waiting for him to leave her alone. When he followed after her, she finally stopped and turned on him. "We are in the middle of nowhere, at the edge of some ghost town. I am in no danger, and expect you to leave me alone for ten fucking minutes."