Chapter 2 Blood and books

Sub and Tyler approached the first door. Tyler tried to open the door. The doorknob didn't move.

"Dang it! It's locked." Tyler said.

He looked over at Sub and saw Sub open a door that was further down the hall. He motioned for Tyler to join him. I guess some doors are open and some doors are locked in this place. Tyler thought to himself as he walked over to Sub. They entered the room.

"This must be the kitchen." Tyler said as he saw all the utensils and food lying around.

Sub grabbed an apple and started to munch away on it. Tyler looked in the fridge but then stopped and realized something.

"Sub." Tyler said with a bit of worry in his voice.

Sub looked over at him.

"Why would there be fresh food here? I thought the mansion was abandoned. Come to think of it... The mansion looked clean when we first enter the lobby. Do you think someone might live here?!" Tyler's voice was a little shaky.

Sub shrugged his shoulders and then wrote in his note book and handed it to Tyler. Don't worry about it. Tyler read. He gave the notebook back to Sub.

"You're right. Let's get back to looking around." Tyler said.

He was being a bit paranoid. He knew that he needed to calm down.Sub nodded they looked around the kitchen a bit more. Tyler found a bow and some arrows. The bow looked a little weak and the arrow tips were dull.

"Why the hell would someone have a bow in the kitchen?!" Tyler said in confusion.

Sub shrugged his shoulders again. He was just as confused as Tyler.

"Let's get out of this kitchen! I don't want to be in here anymore." Tyler said.

Sub quickly nodded in agree. They both left the kitchen and continued down the hallway.

"Hey Sub." Tyler said.

Sub stopped and looked at Tyler.

"Do you ever wish you could talk?" Tyler asked.

Sub took out his notebook and quickly wrote down a response to that question. Tyler read what Sub had to say. More than anything in the world.

"If only it was possible." Tyler said. Feeling a little sad for his new friend.

Tyler stopped and inspected a painting of a rose. He heard a crashing noise behind him. He spun around, his heart was racing. To his relief the crashing noise came from Sub. He had accidentally knocked over a vase that was on a table.

"Sub you scared the hell out of me!" Tyler said a little bit angrily. "You need to be more care-" Tyler stopped talking when he noticed a key in the shattered remains of the vase.

Sub picked up the key and read the words that were engraved on it.

"What does it say?" Tyler asked.

Sub handed him the key. Tyler read the words Book Room on the key.

"Where on earth would that be?" He said out loud.

Sub shrugged and went down to the next door it opened. They both walked in. It was a small bathroom with a dark blue tiled floor and white walls. Tyler froze. Was that blood?! He blinked and it was gone. Tyler shook his head. I must be seeing things. He thought to himself. They looked around and found nothing. They left the bathroom and went to the last door. It was at the end of the hallway. The doorknob didn't turn. They tried the key on it. It didn't work.