Chapter 4: Shaggy

On one early morning in Vale, like, 6 AM early, a lanky teen was in his yard, practicing attack moves on a test dummy. 

This was Norville Rogers, or more plainly by most people, even his own family, just Shaggy.

Shaggy stands at nearly 6 feet tall, had some scruffy hair, a bit of chin fuzz showing at some point he's gonna have a full beard possibly, wears some black tennis shoes with white laces, maroon pants with a hole in the left knee, a piece of white neckwear, and a shirt with a black pattern in some areas and white edges on places like the collar and end of the sleeves.

What was Shaggy using on the test dummy? Kitchen utensils like a butcher knife, bread knife, and even a grilling fork.

After a bit, Shaggy got exhausted, re holstering all his kitchen utensil weapons. Then, his trusted great dane, Scooby-Doo, stepped out of the house, almost to check on him.

"Hey, Scoob." Shaggy comments

Scooby was yoru standard great dane, but he had brown fur with black spots scattered around in his fur like a pattern, and he wore a teal blue collar that had a diamobd shaped dog tag with gold edges and the letters 'SD' on them, also in gold.

Scooby whimpered a little, nudging Shaggy.

"I'll be fine, man." Shaggy said, sitting down on the front steps of the house. "Just fine tuning my fighting."

Scooby looked up at Shaggy.

"I just wanna prove that a member of the Rogers family can be more than what people think we are." Shaggy said, sighing

Scooby put his head onto Shaggy's lap.

"I'm just so tired of always beinh called a 'coward' and not be able to stand up for myself." Shaggy comments. "You know, Scoob?"

"Reah." Scooby responds

"Knew you would, Scoob." Shaggy comments with a smile. "You're always there to understand me."

Scooby smiled, his tail wagging.

"Now, let's go see what mom's cooked up for breakfast this time around, huh?" Shaggy comments

Scooby nodded as his tail began wagging.

At around noon that day, Shaggy heard a knock on the door.

"Coming." Shaggy shouts

Shaggy got up and went to check and when he opened the door, there was no one there. 

However, down on the porch in front of the door was an envelope, which he picked up out of curiosity. It was addressed to him, and as he examined it, he found the Beacon Academy logo on the envelope, which indicated to him what it was.

It was a letter about his Beacon entry acceptance exam. he pulled out a smaller knife and began carefully cutting the envelope open.

"Pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease tell me I managed to pass." Shaggy muttered to himself

Shaggy set the knife back into it's holster and he pulled out the letter, and it was still folded up. He crossed his fingers, slowly unfolding it. When he fully unfolded it, he took a look at it, reading it as carefully as he could that way he could understand what it said.

As he was reading through it, his eyes were widening as he went on. But not in a bad way. In fact, he seemed to be smiling, too. When he finished reading the letter, he got incredibly excited.

"Yes!!!" Shaggy cheered

Scooby peeked up, tilting his head curiously

"I've ben accepted into Beacon." Shaggy said before collecting his cool. "Though.....on one hand I don't know if I'll be able to bring Scooby. But I also don't wanna leave him cause I know he's got separation anxiety."

Scooby walked up to Shaggy.

"I just...." Shaggy starts, sighing. "The letter says to only bring things like school supplies and weaponry. I don't know what to do about you, Scoob......"

Shaggy sighed, beginning to think on things. What would he ultimately do about Scooby? He knows Scooby would have separation anxiety and he was trying to figure out that all and how to factor it into his time at Beacon.

Shaggy then ha dan idea.

"I had an idea, Scoob." Shaggy comments, k