Chapter 8: The investigation begins

The next morning, Shaggy rolled right out of his bed with a loud thump.

"Ouch....." Shaggy groaned

The other three were already in their school uniforms.

"You okay, Shaggy?" Daphne asks, helping him to his feet

"Well, if you count having a light bruise but still able to think straight and whatnot as okay, then I'm just peachy." Shaggy comments, rubbing his head a little

"Come on, gotta get into school uniform." Daphne comments

"Yeah, yeah, I know." Shaggy comments. "But, like, aren't classes not for another few hours?"

Velma checked the copy of the schedule she had saved on her scroll.

"He's right." Velma comments. "Our first class for the day, a class with Professor Port, isn't for another two and a half hours."

"Okay, that gives us some time to fix up this dorm room." Daphne comments. "As well as probably decorate it, too."

"What kind of redecoration?" Shaggy asked as he got his school uniform out of his dresser

"Things like cleaning up a bit, posters, and maybe some flowers on the windowsill." Daphne responds. "As well as getting to rearranging these beds."

"Right." Fred comments

Then, everyone got to work cleaning up the dorm room, Daphne putting up some beautiful curtains. They then got to rearranging the beds, each bed having it's own corner in the room, Shaggy's having been put next to some food related posters and all that, Velma having a whole desk of it's own next to it, and then they started doing minor decorations whilst Shaggy stepped to the side to put on his school uniform.

When everyone was done, everyone took a step back.

"Wow." Shaggy comments. "Like, this looks tons times better."

Velma looked at the time on her scroll.

"And we still got an hour and a half to spare." Velma comments

"There's something that had happened last night, girls you need to know about." Fred comments

"Yeah, but, like, we'd probably have a better time explaining it in the library." Shaggy comments

"Then let's go." Velma comments

When they opened the door, though, there was a big package.. And it seemed to be mail.

"Huh." Fred comments. "Wonder who sent this."

"Whoever did addressed it to Shaggy." Daphne points out

Shaggy went over to the box and put an ear to it, smiling.

"I know just what this is." Shaggy comments, pulling out a small knife

Shaggy then began very carefully cutting the tape on the box. As if he was trying to avoid as much as possible cutting the box as to not risk damaging the contents inside, Fred, Velma, and Daphne looking at each other.

"Almost done." Shaggy comments

Shaggy would finish cutting the box and when he did, out hopped a big great dane, Scooby!

"Hey, boy! easy there!" Shaggy said, having to hold back laughs as Scooby licked his face. "I missed you, too!"

Scooby was wagging his tail, clearly excited that he was finally back with Shaggy. When he finally calmed down, Shaggy got him off him and stood up.

"Well, guys, this is Scooby-Doo." Shaggy comments. "He's my pet Great Dane and just best friend in the whole world. Him and I are like brothers."

"Well he definitely is a cute one." Daphne says, kneeling in front of Scooby. "Aren't you, boy?"