Chapter 9: The Case is a Chase

Meanwhile, Daphne, Shaggy, and Scooby had managed to sneak outside, trying to eavesdrop on the school groundskeeper, but by the time they got to where it'd have been effective eavesdropping, the groundskeeper had basically vanished without a trace.

"Wait a minute." Daphne comments. "He was right there a second ago."

"Yeah, that's weird." Shaggy comments. "There's not even any footprints showing which way he went."

Scooby's nose twitched, causing him to pick up a scent. He began following it, and next thing Shaggy and Daphne knew, he had begun digging a hole, the two covering their faces, and some other students coming over to see what was going on.

When Scooby was done digging, he pulled out a small bag and set it down gently as he put all the dirt back in the hole, tail wagging.

"Scooby found something." Shaggy comments

Daphne slowly opened the bag to look inside.

"looks like....some sort of Dust?" Daphne comments, pulling out a light grey Dust crystal. "And the bag has it in powder form, too."

Then, something had caused the students around them to flee, confusing Scooby, Shaggy, and Daphne a little.

"What's the big deal? Why'd everyone run away?" Daphne comments as she closed the bag after putting the Dust crystal back in it

Then, a skeletal like hand placed itself upon Shaggy's shoulder, causing him to stiff up.

"Like, s-s-s-s-s-something's got it's hand on my shoulder." Shaggy said. "What is it???"

Daphne and Scooby looked over, Scooby whimpering and cowering a little.

"It's...something scary, isn't it?" Shaggy comments

"I...." Daphne comments. "RUN!!!"

Daphne got up and took off running. Shaggy then looked behind him and screamed basically at the top of his lungs and him and Scooby took off running as well.

Daydreamin', head's in the sand

The ghost cackled, taking off after the three.

Daydreamin', gee, but it's grand!

The three then ran into the main entrance of Beacon Academy, narrowly avoiding the ghost throwing balls of fire at them!

I'm in love with an ostrich

Daphne looked back with her weapon and tried to open fire but the ghost was managing to dodge with incredible ease.

All the neighbors complainin', you see, but she loves me

The ghost threw another fireball, this time using both hands to throw two at once.

Can't help it if they don't understand it!

The chase then leads right into Beacon's library, Daphne blocking the door with shelves. However, the ghost seemed to kick the door wide open.

"Zoinks!!!" Shaggy yelped

It's fun to be in love with an ostrich

As they ran through the library, they hid around a corner, the ghost seeming to shoot by, as if it didn't notice them, Daphne taking a deep breath.