Chapter 5: Welcome to Beacon

The day of the trip to Beacon, all the accepted students were heading to get onto an air bus to head to Beacon. Things were pretty bustling in the streets of Vale. New Beacon students to Beacon and all that. 

In the midst of the crowd, Velma was walking around, trying to find her way to the air bus. In the excitement, she got knocked over on accident, her glasses falling off her face.

"My glasses!" Velma exclaimed. "I can't see a thing without my glasses!!"

Velma began feeling around for her glasses. She was EXTREMELY near sighted. She was down on her hands and knees, feeling around for her glasses.

Meanwhile, Fred caught sight of this, and ran over to help. Fred picked up Velma's glasses from the ground and handed them to her.

"Here you go." Fred says

"Thanks." Velma comments, taking her glasses back as she stood up

Velma put her glasses back on before brushing herself off.

"yeah, I can't see to save my life if I lose my glasses." Velma comments

"Yeah I can see that." Fred comments. "Hey, what's your name?"

"Oh, I...I'm Velma Dinkley." Velma introduced

"Well, i'm Fredrick Jones, but you can just call me Fred." Fred introduced as they continued along their way. "So, why're you heading to Beacon, Velmster?"

"Oh, I just felt it could be a good academic challenge." Velma responds. "I gotta help keep my brain sharp after all."

Fred smiled a little.

"And you?" Velma asks

"I just..wanted a break from my family's expectations from Atlas." Fred comments. "The world expected all males to join Atlas's military, but that just did not feel right to me. I wanna discover my own true path. So I decided to try to join Beacon. Got a perfect 100$ on the entry exam."

"Wow." Velma comments, impressed. "Only around 2% of people who get a passing grade on that exam get a perfect 100."

"Yeah." Fred responds. "Counting myself lucky I did that well." 

Fred rubbed his neck a little. That's when Velma noticed the flashlight of sorts on Fred's belt with all it's clear liens of the sides of it's plates.

"Hey, what's the deal with that flashlight?" Velma asks

"Oh this?" Fred asks, unholstering it

Fred got his weapon into it's crossbow form.

"It's my weapon I built." Fred says. "I built it to mainly use Dust arrows and arrows that, while airborne, expand into full nets."

"Well, when we get to beacon, you seem like a really nice guy, Fred." Velma says. "Hope we end up on a team together, or at least come across each other a good few times and all that."

Fred nodded in response. Meanwhile, Daphne was quietly humming to herself, having her weapon in basically a guitar case sized case and hung over her back, looking around.

"Wow, Vale really does have some beautiful scenery." Daphne comments

As she continued looking around, she eventually got to the pad where the air bus was waiting for all the students. And was actually the first new student to make her way through the crowd to the airbus launchpad.

Meanwhile, Shaggy would be the last to make it in time. He began rushing as fast as he could to get there, weaving his way through the crowd, eventually running right into Daphne and knocking her and himself over.