Chapter 6: The Initiation

The next morning, everyone was in the locker room, getting their things for the initiation. Things like their weapons and med-kits should it be required. And Daphne was talking with another Atlas native who ended up in Beacon, Weiss Schnee. Weiss also being one of the few friends Daphne had from a while  back in her childhood and all that.

"So, Daphne, have you decided who's team you want to be on?" Weiss asked

"Honestly, I don't know." Daphne comments. "But I would love to be on a team with Fred. Just...something about him just...."

"You got a crush on him already, don't you?" Weiss asked

Daphne blushed a little before recollecting her cool.

"No, it's not that, it's-" Daphne starts before putting her scarf around her neck for the day. "I don't really know, okay?"

Daphne closed her locker. Then, Velma grabbed her goggles form her locker.

"Okay, these need a bit of dusting off but it should all be good." Velma comments as sahe headed out

Later at a cliff edge, the initiation is getting started. Some of the new students are lined up on platforms to be launched into a location known as the Emerald Forest.

"For years, you have trained to become warriors." Ozpin starts. "And today, your abilities will be evaluated in the Emerald Forest."

"Emerald Forest.....we've been there before for a camping trip.......we had a case involving a mutant Beowolf, but we were initially there for camping. I remember that's when I actually discovered what my Semblance. Good thing dad haad his weapin at the ready or I might not be here today." Fred thought to himself

"Now, i'm sure many of you have heard rumors about the assignment of teams. Well, allow us to put an end to your confusion." Glynda states, getting Daphne to look up while she was making sure her weapon was loaded and in proper condition. "Each of you will be given teammates. Today."

"These teammates will be with you for the rest of your time here at Beacon." Ozpin states. "So it is in your best interest to hope you end up paired with someone with whom you can work well."

Shaggy simply gulps a little.

"That being said, the first person you make eye contact with after landing will be your partner for the next four years." Ozpin added

"L-L-Landing?!!??!?!??" Shaggy said to himself, nearly jumping back, but staying on the platform he was on before remembering what his landing strategy was

"After you have partnered up, make your way to the northern end of the forest." Ozpin states. "You WILL meet opposition on the way. Do not hesitate to destroy everything in your path, or you will die."

Shaggy nervously chuckles a little.

Shaggy nervously chuckles a little right before Jaune gulps.

"You mill be monitored and graded for the duration of your initiation." Ozpin stated. "But our instructors will not intervene. You will find an abandoned temple at the end of the path containing several relics."

Fred and Daphne looked at Shaggy who was practically shaking, but at a surprisingly minimal enough for Ozpin not to notice amount, The two and Velma all look at each other before shrugging

"Each pair must choose one and return to the top of the cliff." Ozpin stated, making Shaggy start struggling more and more to keep himself together. "We will regard that item, as well as your standing, and grade you appropriately. Are there any questions?"

Jaune, one of the other new students, took a look at Shaggy and raised his hand and started, "Yeah, um, sir..."

"Good! Now, take your positions." Ozpin states before Jaune could even finish his question