~Chapter Seven~

Grian's POV

_______________________

Five minutes later, the three were busy making a plan for what they'd do once they got to the Watcherlands. "After all, if you remember," Pearl had said, "normal players-like you-aren't exactly allowed there." Grian did remember that; something to do with the players' code not being stable. It made sense. Hence why they had to figure out how to get to the Creators-the de facto leaders of the Watchers-quickly and without drawing too much attention to Grian himself. After all, not only was he a player, but he was a former Watcher, and that would undoubtedly cause some...discussion.

Rumors. It would cause rumors. The Watchers were a highly gossipy bunch.

Once they finished their plan, the three stood back and relayed it to each other. "Okay, first," Gem began. "I travel back to the world and get Grian on the whitelist because, more likely than not, he's no longer on there, so I gotta put him back. I also make sure that the Creators aren't doing anything important."

Pearl continued from there. "In the meantime, Grian and I will be planning a path to get from spawn to the Creator's lodge."

"I dunno why I'm involved in that," Grian admitted. "I haven't been there in years."

"Oh, it hasn't changed much since...-" Pearl went silent for a moment. "Okay, scratch that, I will be making the path. Grian, you work on how we are going to explain all of...this...to the Creators." That would be difficult.

"Great, so then I come back, and we travel to the world; luckily, spawn isn't out in the open, so we don't have to worry immediately."

"Then we follow the path I made to the Creators' lodge..."

"...and then we have a chat, and I go back to the world I was before!"

The three attempted to high-five, which turned into Grian and Gem hitting each others' hands awkwardly and Pearl missing entirely. Hopefully, this was not an omen.

...

The mission started out just as planned. As Grian set up a semi-script and Pearl made a quick map of the Watcherlands, Gem snuck back and whitelisted Grian. Getting him in was no difficult feat, and that went just peachy as well. Lucky for them, the chat was always active, which got really annoying with all the constant, barely nonuniform dings, but for them, it was great; that way, no one would notice the messages that said:

GeminiTay joined the world
GeminiTay left the world
GeminiTay joined the world
Grian joined the world
PearlescentMoon joined the world

Things were going great. That is, until...

"What do you mean, you punched Eggs Benedict???" "It was an accident! I was just trying to pet her!" "And your entire fist slipped?!" "It doesn't matter! Just- help me figure out how to calm her down!" "Why is Eggs Benedict flying around and attacking people?!?!" "Mistakes were made!"

On their way to the Creators' lodge, the trio was stopped by a huge commotion. There had to be at least six Creators, running around like chickens with their heads cut off, as an ender dragon flew overhead, roaring and screaming. "Ah yes, a quite docile ender dragon you have there," Grian remarked.

"She's not usually like this-?!" was Gem's response. "I swear this was not going on while I was here three minutes ago!"

As Grian and Gem bickered, Pearl immediately took action. She began running around, grabbing Watchers and important items, and getting them out of harm's way. As soon as they noticed, the other two joined in. This was decidedly the opposite of sneaking past everyone, but dragons were no laughing matter, even to Watchers. While doing this, Grian recognized a face or two from his time here. There were many new additions as well, and the world itself was hardly recognizable from what he remembered. It was so much cleaner than he left it, and the equipment seemed newer, too.