~Chapter Thirteen~

Cleo's POV

Present Time

World IV
_______________________

ZombieCleo joined the world

Cubfan135 joined the world

Oh snap, Cleo was drowning.

Luckily, the pond wasn't that deep, just a bit kelp-ridden, so she shook off a small but that clung to her foot and paddled her way to the top. What awaited her was the familiar scenery of Scar, False, and Stress's world. The sun was just beginning to dawn, casting a deep red glow onto everything in sight. Oh, how nice it was to see colors again. No offense to RenBob or anything, but that monotone gray palette gave her a headache.

The blue water was nice. The green hedge on the small island in the middle of the pond was nice. The sky was nice. Being able to see past her arms was nice. She would lose her mind to live in that world, she thought. She wondered how RenBob could manage to not lose his mind.

Ding! Cleo's communicator rang out.

<FalseSymmetry> Youre bacvk?

<StressMonster101> Hello Cleo! Who is that??

Cleo looked up from her communicator to spot a sputtering Cub. "Pssphsmdjs, this isn't my world!" He said. "Cleo, where are we?"

"I told you to just trust me," Cleo replied simply as she waded through the now-wade-able water. "Remember that other group of people I was telling you about the other night? That Scar came from?"

"Yes?"

"This is them."

With perfect timing, the 'them' in question teleported right to the shore. The flowery one—whom Cleo remembered as 'Stress' and 'the nice one'—wobbily grabbed onto the arm of the yellow-haired one—whom Cleo remembered both as 'False' and 'the one I got into a fistfight with'. The two straightened and walked over to where Cleo and Cub were standing in ankle-deep water.

"Two questions," False stated. "A, who is this, and B, why are you b-"

"Don't care," Cleo interrupted. She then proceeded to show exactly how much she did not care about those questions by immediately answering those questions. "This is Cub, he's another one of our Cultie-assigned-best-friends." The Cub in question waved. "I'm taking him around to all the worlds I've visited so far!" (Please, dear reader, note that this number is a measly three, and that's including Cub's home world. She is not as impressive as she makes herself out to be.) "We're gonna stop by my world after this."

Stress nodded. "I see," she said. "Well, it's nice to have you back."

"Is it really," False interjected with the same amount of genuine curiosity as a dead squid.

"Yes it is."

It seemed that the two natives had differing views regarding Cleo, which is fine considering that she had differing views regarding each of them. Cub looked between False and Cleo. One could cut their glares with a pair of rusty shears. He turned to Stress and held a hand out. "It is good to meet you...?"

"Stress," she clarified, shaking his hand. "And likewise! Here, let's show you around."

The tour of the plaza was not unlike the one that Cleo had previously been on, save for the incident with the ravager. This time, though, the atmosphere was slightly different. The noise of False and Stress showing off the plaza to Cub faded away into the background as Cleo walked just a pace behind, thinking intently and bouncing on her feet as she walked.

She was still pondering the conversation with RenBob and that other person he mentioned, RenDog. It rang a bell, which was weird because literally nothing else did in the conversation other than that name. RenDog, RenDog, RenDog. They must've been one of those other people she knew back then. She tried her darndest to get anything else, a face, a personality, anything, but nope. She was drawing a blank.