~Shopping~

*Pepper's P.O.V~

We arrived at the mall and Ava started explaining to the boys what we're doing. I took a deep breath in. This is my kind of place; the sweet smell of churros and donuts swirled in the air. New shoes, lego sets, and barbie dolls lined the shelves of multiple stores. I took a sneak peak at the lego masters sets, when I felt a hand grab me. Ava shook her head. "Nope, I need you to focus, and not spend three hundred dollars on legos." I rolled my eyes. "Don't give me that look, not my fault you're obsessed." 

"This is a mall." Ava announced, turning to the boys. "Humans come here to buy more casting supplies, to make their homes more comfortable." "A mall-" Noi exclaimed looking around. I scoffed and turned my attention to those churros, they smelled delicious. Ava proceeded to show the guys the convenience center and thrift store. She muttered something after her little show, I left it to be. 

"How does this help?" Asch asked skeptically. "We're going to get you human clothes here." I explained, stepping up beside Ava.  "Those female humans are trying to use their blinding magic on us again!" Pierce announced. I look over to see girls taking pictures of us, with flash. I was a bit confused as to why they used the flash, but this generation is getting stupider and stupider so what the hell. "Oh those are the condors," Ava explained, as I shooed them away. "They probably think you guys are cosplaying, which really works in out favor because now that I think about it I'm not really sure how we are going to address the horns-"  She kind of muttered that last part there.

By now I had officially walked away to the lego store. What? I'm a girl of needs. I didn't buy anything, just browsed. I did however buy a churro, that was worth it. Walking back to the group I felt a strange appearance in the air. I mentally sighed, Lorelai. That girl has been trying to befriend me and Ava for years. Don't get me wrong she's really nice, like overly nice, like too nice. And really energetic, like and hyper-reactive puppy. She was dressed in a maid costume so I could safely assume that she was going to the convention. 

Lorelai offered to go to the convention with us, but Ava had other plans. "You see I can't because I-I'm sick, cough cough." I facepalmed, she coughed verbally? "Did you just cough verbally?" I guess she's not as dumb as I thought. "Aw, I'm sorry you're not feeling better-" Never mind. "You know next time you totally need to come with me and my friends-" She stopped when she finally noticed my existence. "Hi Pepper!" She exclaimed happily. I scoffed, puppy. "As I was saying we'd love-" "Enough chatter! We must-" "Your hot." Lorelai stated, looking at Asch. "W-what?" He looked confused. "In your costume!" Oh no. Lorelai squealed like a little piggy, "Your costume is so cool!" 

"All so cool!" She exclaimed, looking at the boys. "Ava, Pepper, are these your friends!?" "No," "Yes." Me and Ava stated at the same time. We shared a look. "I guess you could say that." Ava continued. I scoffed again, I still don't trust them. "I didn't realize you had other friends!" Ouch. "And that you leave your apartment!" I was ready to tell Lorelai off but Ava stopped me before I could touch her, shame. "That's amazing!" "Enough talk, we need the-" Asch's words were blocked by Ava's hand. "Hey Lorelai, we won't go to the convention with you, and will probably ignore you forever after this, but do you think you could help us pick out five outfits for guys?" You gotta appreciate Ava's sometimes honesty. 

"For what?" Lorelai is getting suspicious of us, I don't like it. "We're having friends stay with us for the convention, and the airline lost their suitcases." I lied. "So we're helping." Ava finished for me. Lorelai looked even more suspicious than before, but shrugged it off. "Well why didn't you say so?!" Me and Ava exchanged a look of safety. "Though real talk, your friends are really hot." Ava's face got red. "Don't worry, I can help you!" I heard Noi and Pierce whisper something about prisoners. Whatever it was they shrugged it off.