𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗙𝗼𝘂𝗿

Kalista Matthews; the catalyst — something that increases the rate of a reaction without undergoing any change itself

⋆*ૢ✧⋆.*:。.☽⋆

Religion was a topic Kalista felt strongly on, never shying away from voicing her opinion on the matter. Believing that prayers and worshipping someone who's shown no real evidence of existing was an odd concept to her, thinking they could cure any fault that life sent their way. In her eyes, if you were in deep shit, you had to get yourself out of it, only you could do that, not some higher power. Actions had consequences and no amount of prayer could get a person out of it. Bad things sometimes happened to good people and that was just the way life was, it wasn't because that person had sinned or needed to repent; it's just unfortunate luck.

         All her life she'd been told that God helped everyone and that is why they prayed and attended church ceremonies to honour all that he'd done for them. One thing Kalista could never understand was why this noble and honourable man that everyone looked up to was involved in allowing cruel and treacherous people free in the world, while taking innocent bystanders into his grip. Why were many people homeless, starving and suffering? Was it sin that meant they deserved this or was it just simply unfortunate circumstances.

        Life isn't mapped out and designed before we acknowledge it, that was one of Kalista's strong beliefs. We as humans chose our own fate in the actions we do, consequences will follow if we chose the wrong one. It isn't down to higher power and fate that dictate our lives, it's us. Our responsibility to change our lives, as opposed to stopping and waiting for someone else to clear up the mess for us.

        She'd learnt this lesson when she was eleven and her, at the time, best friend had been involved in an accident, the driver not even checking the innocent little girl they'd knocked down was okay. Being so young, Kalista didn't really understand or comprehend what was going on, just that her friend was going to a better place, she was in heaven, that's what she was told.

         People would come and talk to her, reassuring her that God had taken her to become an angel.

        Why her?

        Why should innocent little girls who hadn't lived their lives become angels, couldn't God take those who had actually lived their lives to become angels?

         Since then, she'd grown and become accustomed to her own atheist beliefs. She would never criticise someone for their beliefs, despite how she herself felt on the matter, everyone was entitled to their own opinion. It was when they push their religion onto her and state that Gods will is the reason they would make it through this, as opposed to comforting someone who lost everything.