𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝘄𝗲𝗹𝘃𝗲

⋆*ૢ✧⋆

⋆*ૢ✧⋆.*:。.☽⋆

      After another unsuccessful hunt, returning with an infected deer that had maggots feasting on its insides, the group were feeling defeated. Tension was high in the air and Kalista felt like she was struggling to breathe from the disappointment that they all seemed to share. There was something wrong with her sister, she didn't know what but there was something. She was talking to Laura Lee more and her attitude was different, it was hard to describe but Kalista was unsure whether or not to be worried about this or if it was just simply her sister finding a new friend.

It was obvious that at times Lottie could be a little strange, even their parents commented on it but Kalista looked past this, her sister was more than that. If Laura Lee saw what she saw then she could care less what they were up to. She was glad someone was acknowledging a side to Lottie that others simply ignored because they didn't want to see that part of her, too focused on the crazy parts of her.

Smiling politely at said two girls, who were talking away from the others, she grabbed a shirt off the washing line and began folding it. Today was a boringish day, the excitement of food had died down once they'd seen the maggots feasting on its insides, no longer having an appetite. Kalista could almost hear her sister saying it's a sign, everything is a sign to her. A soft laugh passed by her lips, shaking her head at the thought, typical Lottie. There was a reason for everything in her eyes while Kalista chose not to dwell on the bights to much, as long as it didn't affect her she wasn't going to spend majority of her energy on worrying.

        "Tai, everyone thinks this is a bad idea." Van's voice cut through and Kalista snapped her eyes to where she saw the girl's bickering. Taissa wanted to find a new way to find food rather than sitting and waiting for it to magically appear when the trio went out to hunt, she hated sitting and waiting for something.

       "Well, we have to do something." Taissa defended herself while Kalista remained silent to the girl's conversation, continuing to fold the clothing from the line. "We're starving and there's nothing to hunt."

        "The animal as might be migrating." Misty added and Taissa nodded, thanking at least somebody was backing up her plans.

       "That's probably why the only game we've seen for weeks was the one sick deer and it's just gonna keep getting colder," Taissa's voice remained calm and steady, oddly enough reminding Kalista of Jackie's when she would give the girl's a pep talk prior to a game, "and not I better put on a coat cold. We're talking about dying feels like falling asleep cold."

       Kalista paused the shirt she was folding, shifting her eyes to the girl as she listened to what she was explaining to them. She wasn't wrong, they only had themselves to help, nobody was coming to save them, they had to save themselves. Taissa was correct in her idea of searching for food, as a group, moving away from the cabin they were located at. There was a better chance at finding food there as opposed to the places they'd looked day in and day out.