When the spaces are too deep and they find theirselves falling into them

''How are you babe?'' Michael asked over the phone.

He could hear Lukes deep breathing and occasional yawning of the blonde. ''Okay. You?'' the blonde lied. (it seemed automatic when they talked. All the answers were lies.)

''Yeah, I'm fine.'' Michael replied, restocking the porcelain glasses in the cabinet. They had an order Michael made himself. It wasn't ocd, it was just that he liked some things in the way he did. He couldn't explain it.

''Good.'' Luke said.

''Good.'' the blue-haired one repeated. They were talking like that for the past twenty minutes. Only breathing was heard.

Silence

Silence

''I love you.'' Luke whispered from the other side of the line.

''I love you too Lukey.'' Michael answered. Luke had never told him those words. 'I like you' 'kitten' 'cutie' 'babe', those were everyday basis, but he had never tolf him he loves him.

Michael gulped down the threatening tears. ''I gotta go.'' he chocked out and hung up on his boyfriend. He shouldn't off fell in love.

- 1 day-

-2 days-

-3 days-

-4 days-

Luke was worried as hell. Michael wasn't answering his phone. Calum would of helped him but he was on a date. Fourth time this week. Luke didn't bother, he was happy for the kiwi boy. But he was also sad. So he decided to go the caffe to find the Genevieve girl.

-

''Hello?'' he asked, holding his hands on the bar table, he was turning his head, trying to realize is there anyone.

''Here, Luke.'' a girls voice called. Genevieve, he was sure.

He sat on the bar stool in front of her (or how he guessed). She switched on her feet swiftly, to stand in front of the tall, lanky blonde boy. Her hair was short and neon blue and rather wild.

''What's wrong, boy?'' she asked, placing one of the porcelain glasses in front of him. He still had pink tinted cheeks and watery stains on them.

He was quiet for a couple of moments. His breathing was deep, calming.

''I don't know where Michael is. I'm worried.'' he said rather calmly. His brows were furrowed, as he bit his lip. Gen stared at him.

''He's probably at the forrest. He goes there when he's upset. Did anything happened?'' the girl asked. Luke shook his head.

''I dunno, Genevie-''

She cutted him off. ''Gen, just Gen, blondie.''

''Um, okay. I don't know Gen. I-I- i might of d-dropped the L bomb.'' he muttered. He burried his face in his palm.

He could hear the girls laugh.

''It shouldn't worry you. I am pretty sure he loves you back, Luke.'' she smiled softly and patted his hand. He nodds at her.

''It's just, the spaces between us, they keep getting deeper. It's harder to reach him.'' he mumbled.

[hayley williams from paramore is Gen. idk if i said it. soz for not updating, blame my twin, she got me writing a cuet lashton story. but anyways. 1D? 1D. gtg. love y'all.]