Chapter 14

Meredith Grey

I sigh as I sit down in the couch at my mothers house I'm scared for what kind of reaction she will have when she figures out I ditched Matthew for his dad who is closer to her age than my own. I smile at Lexie as she sleeps softly next to me. If only she wasn't so sick life would be better. In a way though Lexie being sick led me to Derek but that is the only good out coming the rest, is hell.

"Meredith when are you going to bring your boyfriend home?" Lexie asked me with a huge smile as she wakes up, I'm assuming my mother told her about Matthew but I also have a feeling that she didn't tell her the real reason I was with him.

"Uhm, I'm not quite sure Lex" I smile softly at her and she slowly pouts. "You don't want to meet Matthew anyway" I say and my mom elbows me and I shrug.

"Why wouldn't I want to?" she asks confused.

"He is a douche bag" I say honestly earning a glare from my mother but it is only the truth.

"Oh" her eyebrows bunch together and then we here the door bell ring so I got up to go answer it.

When I get to the door I open it up and to my surprise a man is standing there. A hot, hot man, who isn't supposed to be here. "Derek" I whisper and he just smiles as me.

"I missed you too sweetheart" he chuckles softly while I glare at him.

"You have to leave you can't be here" I say but then my mother comes over.

"Meredith who is it?" she asks.

"Matthews father" I say turning to her and I hear him sigh softly but with a hint of humor.

"Oh" she smiles at him politely, "Is there anything you want Mr. Shepherd?" she asks him and I watch the side of his mouth twitch a bit before he responds.

"I would like to introduce myself" he says softly and she nods for him to continue. "I'm Derek Shepherd, Meredith's boyfriend" he says shaking my moms hand and her jaw drops as-well as mine.

"Meredith?" she questions.

"Matthew was rude incredibly rude and Derek's nice and loving and knows how to care for me" I say softly and he takes my hand in his.

She gives me a look and I know it's about the money problem. "He knows about the money troubles and he has offered to help out with it" I tell her and she has a look of relief.

"Well then, you better introduce him to Lexie because she wants to meet your boyfriend" she says softly and I smile then I bring him to Lexie.

"Lexie" I say still holding Derek's hand.

"Who is this?" she asks looking him up and down with a smirk.

"This is Derek, Matthews father, who is also my boyfriend" I explain.

"What happened to Matthew?" she asks.

"Dropped him" I giggle.

She smiles.

I make Derek sit down and then I sit on his lap and kiss his cheek. My mother soon joins us and we start to talk, all of us until Lexie soon falls back asleep.

"Derek?" my mother speaks up after a few seconds of silence.

"Yes?" he asks.

"If you hurt my daughter I'll kill you" she smiles.

"Noted, but I have no intention of hurting her" he smiles back then whispers in my ear "besides punishments in bed" and I immediately get wet. I hear him chuckle before he continues to talk to my mom.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

609 words

I don't know what to do anymore

Suggestions?