Chapter 3

After class has ended, Liam is walking with Mason and Corey back to their dorms. Liam is rambling about how his math teacher can't even teach.

As they make it out the double doors, to go outside, Liam spots Brett talking to some girls that are way out of Liam's league.

"Liam, you're giving him the death stare." Mason tells him.

Mason is wearing grey skinny jeans, with rips on them, a white shirt short sleeve shirt, and wearing Corey's lacrosse jacket.

"I know. It's only the first day of classes, and he is having all the girls."

"That's because they all go for Brett by the face, not by his terrible personality they don't know yet, like we do." Corey said.

Corey is also wearing grey pants, but they are sweats. He is wearing a red shirt, with him and Mason's face printed on there. Liam noticed how Corey is making heart eyes at Mason, whilst he is wearing his lacrosse jacket.

"It's still just not fair. I was just like Brett in high school." Liam rambles. Clenching his cheekbones, trying to hold back his anger.

"So, you're getting mad that Brett is having more game than you?" Corey asks.

"No, he's mad because Brett is always good at something he isn't. But being at college is supposed to be a fresh start for Liam. But it's just like high school, because Brett is still better than him." Mason said making Liam even more madder, because he got every word right.

That's when football guy walks out. Holding some girls hand. She is really pretty. Of course, another pretty girl taking. Another lost for for Liam.

But why did he feel like he was jealous of the girl and not football guy? Why did he want to steal football guy away from her?

"Liam, did you hear a word I said?" Mason asks.

"Yeah, I did."

"So you are okay with Hayden being at this school?"

"Hayden is at this school too?"

"Told you he wasn't listening." Mason tells Corey, as they both laugh.

"Why is everyone coming to this school? First you two, Brett, and now Hayden?"

"Woah, woah. Us? We told you we were going to UCLA at the beginning of senior year. You followed us here because you wanted us to keep you in check because of your IED." Mason said.

The worst part is, he was right. Liam wanting to branch out was a lie. Somewhat. He wanted to go to the same school as his best friend because he wanted to keep some part of his dream alive. He didn't want Mason to go to a different school than him, and forget his existed. Even though Liam knew that, that was never going to happen.

"I'm sorry, dude." Mason apologizes.

"No, you're right. I'm sorry. But why did my arch nemesis and ex girlfriend have to be at this school?"

"Oh there's more." Corey adds.

"Mase, what did you do?"

"I also invited her to sit with us at lunch."

"I'm going to kill you."

"I'm sorry. When you and Corey were practicing, she came to me and we started talking. It was like old times, when we all hung out. Me and Hayden watching our lovers play lacrosse."

"But it's no longer old times, leave the past in the past."

"But you still have hate towards Brett after one incident." Corey said.