Darkest Deception

The toymaker looked up from the darkness, trying to struggle once more in the seals that binded him. The room was blacker then night with but a few faint shining candles around on various surfaces. The chains around his ankles and wrists rattled as he moved, echoing in the seemingly empty space.
The toymaker sighed deeply, disappointed in himself for letting his guard down so much as to get himself caught, something he had always avoided. Despite the situation however, his heart was calm and the whole scenario more of an annoyance to him then actual danger. The cuts and bruises that blasted Puppeteer had inflicted not enough to quell fear in the toymaker just yet.
He had been through far worse in the past but for now he would stay calm and try to find a way out of this mess.
Jason heard footsteps, looking up to see two golden eyes get closer to him with every thud on the wooden floorboards.
"I told you. You won't break me"
The toymaker chuckles under his breath in an act of cockiness and overconfidence, a confidence that was dissolved upon seeing a second dark shadow looming just behind the man he knew so very well.
A single, unblinking pink eye shone through the darkness as much as the gold ones, black hair illuminating as he came into the dim light.
Jason's breath hitched as he laid eyes on Vine once again, the doll maker roughly grabbing the toymaker's face in his hand.
"How about now?" Jason smirked as his face was thrown to the side, watching as with a flick of his wrist Vine dismissed the Puppeteer and the man's golden eyes were swollowed by the blackness.
"It was bold of you to set up shop so close to me Jason or did you perhaps think I had forgotten you watching me way back when"
The toymaker didn't say a word, his ailments hurting much more then he realised as he forced himself to not pay attention to the man before him. The doll maker turns to one of the many cupboards in the room and begins searching, humming cheerfully as he did which only added a more unsettling feeling to the old and dusty room.
"You know Jason, always admired your work. Your dolls are something to behold. A fine work of art"
That small fear in Jason's heart he had tried to ignore was forever growing now, noting the compliments he was being given despite his bound nature, yet he decided to retort and challenge the dollmaker to the best of his abilities.
Was it to bide time?
He couldn't say.
Perhaps it was pride.
He wasn't sure.
"If you love me and my work so much why kidnap and tie me up boy? Seems counterintuitive to your sweet and sickly words"
Vine just chuckles, turning around with a few syringes nestled comfortably between his pale and slender fingers.
He walks closer to the toymaker, hearing that ever faint noise of a music box and tearing the shirt and waistcoat from his body.
Healed cuts, gashes and bruises adorned his chest but none more prominent then the stitches surrounding black tinted skin close to the middle, close to where his heart would be if he had one.
"I know of every lie you have told that doll of yours, both the simple and the grievous. You haven't been truthful from the moment you met her"
Jason sniggers, turning away from the man in front of him to avoid eye content, golden eyes never once meeting the fake doll one.
"I have told not a single lie"
Vine bursts into laughter, hand gripping the bound arm and bringing the syringe closer. The music box sound became quicker paced and more frantic, much to Jason's annoyance.
"You have something I want Jason. Something I need to create my ultimate masterpiece"
Thr doll maker's smirk grew ever wider, white teeth somehow shining through the darkness that only got more prominent as each candle flickered its light from existence.
"You also lied to your chosen one. Doesn't that deserve punishment enough?"