Chapter One

I was on a ship traveling from England to Port Royal. I was standing next to Elizabeth Swann, who I have come to care for as a little sister. My name is Paige and I was taken in years ago by Governor Weatherby Swann and he adopted me. All of the sudden, Elisabeth started to sing, "Yo ho, yo ho A pirate's life for me. We extort, we pilfer, We filch, we sack. Drink-" Suddenly she was cut off when Mr. Gibbs came up to us.

"Quiet, missy! Cursed pirates sail these waters. You don't want to bring them down on us, do ya? Paige, I expect you to take better care of your little sister," he said. Lieutenant James Norrington came up to us. "Mr. Gibbs, that will do," he said. "She was singing about pirates! Her older sister didn't stop her!" "Bad luck to be singing about pirates with us mired in this unnatural fog, mark my words."

"Consider them marked. On your way," Lieutenant Norrington said. "Aye, lieutenant. It's bad luck to have a woman on board too. Let alone two of them," I heard Mr. Gibbs say. I brought Elizabeth into my arms. "Don't listen to him, Lizzie. He's just upset, for whatever reason; I have no idea." "I think it'd be rather exciting to meet a pirate," Elizabeth said.

"Think again, Miss Swann. Vile and dissolute creatures, the lot of them. I intend to see to it that any man who sails under a pirate flag or wears a pirate brand gets what he deserves. A short drop and a sudden stop," He said. "Lieutenant Norrington, I appreciate your fervour, but I'm concerned about the effect this subject will have upon my daughters," Father said. "My apologies, Governor Swann," He said.

"Actually, I find it all fascinating," Elizabeth replied. "Yes. That's what concerns me." Father left as Lizzie and I looked out at the ocean. "So beautiful and calming," I thought as I touched the gold locket around my neck. "Oh, Jack. How I miss you." I wiped a tear away before anyone noticed. All of the sudden, Elizabeth and I noticed something that concerned us, there was a boy in the water! "Look! A boy! There's a boy in the water!" She shouted.

"Man overboard!" Lieutenant Norrington yelled. "Man the ropes!" Fetch a hook!" "Haul him aboard!" Orders were being shouted left and right. The boy was brought on the ship and Lizzie and I were worried for him. "He's still breathing," We heard. "Thank goodness!" I breathed a sigh of relief at the news. "Mary, Mother of God!" Mr. Gibbs said. We looked and saw a ship on fire. "What happened here?" Father asked.

"Most likely the powder magazine. Merchant vessels run heavily armed," Norrington replied. "Lot of good it did them. Everyone's thinking it. I'm just saying it. Pirates!" "There's no proof of that! It was probably an accident, Father said. "Rouse the captain immediately," Norrington said. "Aye, sir." "Heave to and take in sail. Launch the boats," he continued ordering. "Heave to!" "Paige, Elizabeth, I want you two to accompany the boy. He'll be in your charge. Take care of him," Father said.

"Yes, father. Please be careful," I said. Elizabeth and I were watching over the boy. She brushed some hair out of his face when he suddenly woke up. "It's ok. My name's Elizabeth Swann and this is my big sister Paige," She said. "Will Turner," He introduced himself. "We're watching over you, Will." I said, gently to the boy as he fell asleep. Elizabeth picked up the necklace around his neck and examined it.

"You're a pirate!" She exclaimed. "Has he said anything?" Norrington asked. "His name's William Turner. That's all we found out," I said. "Take him below." Lizzie kept staring at the necklace and looked at me. I thought, "Maybe it's true and this young boy is a pirate."

Hello everyone. Here is the first chapter of my new book. The cover of this book was designed by Hermionejgranger14. This chapter is dedicated to her.