Chapter Nine

We made it to the island and I could tell that Jack was incredibly angry. "That's the second time I've had to watch that man sail away with my ship," He said. "I know, love. I am so sorry." I said, hoping that my words would help. "Besides, you have what's important, Jack. You have Paige," Lizzie said.

"You were marooned on this island before, weren't you? We can escape the same way!" She said. "To what point and purpose, young missy? The Black Pearl is gone, and unless you have a rudder and a lot of sails hidden in that bodice... Unlikely... Young Mr. Turner will be dead long before you can reach him," Jack said. "But you're Captain Jack Sparrow! You vanished from under the eyes of seven agents of the East India Company! You sacked Nassau Port without even firing a shot! Are you the pirate I've read about or not?"She said.

"Lizzie has a point, Jack. I mean, you married me s little while after we met. Plus, you swear you would never marry or be tied down by one woman," I said. "How did you escape last time?" Lizzie asked. "Last time... I was here a grand total of three days, all right? Last time... the rum runners used this island as a cache. They came by and I was able to barter passage off. From the looks of things, they've long been out of business. You probably have your bloody friend Norrington to thank for that," He said.

"So that's it then? That's the secret, grand adventure of the infamous Jack Sparrow! You spent three days, lying on a beach, drinking rum," She said. "Welcome to the Caribbean, Miss Swann," Jack replied.  It was nighttime now. We built a huge bonfire, we were drinking rum and singing. "We're devils, we're black sheep, we're really bad eggs. Drink up, me hearties, Yo ho. Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me."

"I love this song! Really bad eggs! Ohh... When I get the Pearl back, I'm gonna teach it to the whole crew, and we'll sing it all the time!" Jack said. "And we will be positively the most fearsome pirates in the Spanish Main!" I exclaimed. "Not just the Spanish Main, darling. The entire ocean! The entire world! Wherever we want to go, we go. That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails. That's what a ship needs. But what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom," He said.

"I always thought it was my home but it's not. My true home is you, Jack. It doesn't matter where I am. As long as I'm with you... I'm home," I said. He smiled, "I feel the same way, darling." "Jack... it must be really terrible for you to be trapped on this island," Lizzie said. "Oh, yes. But the fact is that you were right. I have what is truly important to me. Paige, my wife." "Mr. Sparrow! I'm not entirely sure I've had enough rum to allow that kind of talk," She said.

"I know exactly what you mean," He replied. "To freedom!" I said. "To the Black Pearl," Jack said. After he had passed out, Lizzie told me that she had a plan to get us off the island. "You are not going to be happy when you wake up, Jack," I thought. We got started building a fire as a signal. Hoping that someone would see it and rescue us. "Hm? Hm? No! Not good! Stop! Not good! What are you doing? You've burned all the food, the shade... the rum!" Jack said.

"Yes, the rum is gone," Lizzie said. "Why is the rum gone?" "One, because it is a vile drink that turns even the most respectable of men into scoundrels. Two, that signal is over 1,000 feet high. The entire Royal Navy is out looking for Paige and I. Do you think there is even the slightest chance they won't see it?" She replied. "But why is the rum gone?" He repeated. "Just wait Captain Sparrow. You give it one hour, maybe two, keep a weather eye open, and you will see while sails on that horizon," She said.

Jack stormed of in anger. "Jack, wait! Lizzie, when we get back to Port Royal... I'm not staying," I said. "What?" "I meant what I said when I said that Jack Sparrow is my home. It never felt right for me in Port Royal. I longed for Jack, for the sea, freedom and adventure. I know that I had you and father but besides that I felt trapped. I felt like I couldn't be myself," I explained to my sister. Lizzie gave me a hug and kissed my cheek. "Go after Jack before he gets himself into trouble."

"Must've been terrible for you to be trapped here, Jack. Must've been terrible for you... Well it bloody is now!" I'm going to lose my wife! The only woman I've ever loved!" I heard Jack shout. "Jack thought that I was going to leave him? Never!" I thought.

Hello everyone. Here is the latest chapter of my book. This chapter is dedicated to Hermionejgranger14