Chapter Five

I was sitting alone and thinking about Jack. When I reached into my shirt and pulled out a chain that had my wedding ring attached to it. I took it off of the chain and put it on my left ring finger. At the moment, this beautiful piece of jewelry was the only thing connecting me to Jack and I wanted to look at it until we were reunited. I was lost in thought so I didn't hear Lizzie sit down next to me.

"Paige! That ring is beautiful! Where did you get it?" She asked. I laughed sheepishly and blushed, "Well, Lizzie, it's a long story. The short version is Jack Sparrow and I met and a short time later, he asked me for my hand in marriage." "I want to hear all about it," Lizzie said. "Well, let's see. I had been a member of his crew for awhile, everytime he would take out his compass, he would get this look on his face and immediately close it. It wasn't until I asked him that he showed it to me. Jack said that I was what he wanted most in the world. So, he got down on one knee, presented me with this beautiful ring and the rest is history," I explained to my sister.

"That's a beautiful story, Paige." Lizzie said as she hugged me. "What if I never see him again?" I asked, tears started to come down my face. "Shh! Don't talk like that. Jack and Will are coming for us. I know it." "I miss him so much. I only just got him back and in the blink of an eye, I lost him again. Is that always going to be how it is for us, Lizzie? Jack and I reunite only to be separated a second later?" I said. "No, you'll be with him soon; Paige. I know it," She said.

It was dark now and all I wanted was sleep. I saw some of the crew coming towards Elizabeth and I. I thought, "Apparently, sleep will have to wait." "You two will be dining with the captain, and he requests you wear these." Two dresses were held out for us. I rolled my eyes, "Well, you may tell the captain my sister and I are  'disinclined to acquiesce to his request," I said. "He said you'd say that. He also said, if that be the case... you'll be dining with the crew, and you'll be naked," He said.

I was shocked. "Not happening!" I thought, furiously. Elizabeth and I immediately grabbed the dresses. "Fine." He said. Elizabeth and I set down to eat. "There's no need to stand on ceremony no call to impress anyone. You two must be hungry," Hector said. Lizzie and I dove into our food because he was right, we were hungry. He poured some wine and offered us each a cup. "Try the wine." We did and it felt so good against my dry throat.

Next, Hector held up an apple. "And the apples.  One of those next." I held out my hand to take it but had second thoughts. "It's poisoned," Lizzie said. "I had a feeling that something was wrong," I thought. "There would be no sense to be killing you, Miss Turner. Nor you, Miss Sparrow," He said. "Then release us. You have your trinket. We're of no further value to you," I said.

"You don't know what this is, do you?" "It's a pirate medallion," Lizzie said. "This is Aztec gold. One of 882 identical pieces they delivered in a stone chest to Cortes himself. Blood money paid to stem the slaughter he wreaked upon them with his armies. But the greed of Cortes was insatiable. So the heathen gods placed upon the gold... a terrible curse. Any mortal that removes but a single piece from that stone chest... shall be punished for eternity," He said.

"I hardly believe in ghost stories anymore, Captain Barbossa," She said. I didn't know what to think. In all the time I've known him, Hector Barbosa has always been truthful with me. "Aye. That's exactly what I thought when we were first told the tale. Buried on an isle of the Dead what cannot be found, except for those who know where it is. Find it, we did. There be the chest. Inside be the gold. And we took 'em all! We spent 'em and traded 'em, and frittered 'em away on drink and food and pleasurable company. The more we gave 'em away, the more we came to realize... the drink would not satisfy. Food turned to ash in our mouths... and all the pleasurable company in the world could not slake our lust," Hector said.

"We were cursed men, Miss Turner, Miss Sparrow. Compelled by greed we were, but now... we are consumed by it." When Hector was distracted, I saw Elizabeth grab a knife and hide it. "She's going to try stabbing him," I thought. I was about to warn her that it wouldn't work but I knew that it wouldn't do any good. "There is one way we can end our curse. All the scattered pieces of the Aztec gold must be restored, and the blood repaid. Thanks to ye, we have the final piece," Hector said.

"And the... blood to be repaid?" I asked, even though I already knew the answer. "That's why there's no sense to be killing your sister. Yet." He said. "Apple?" Elizabeth smacked it out of his hand and grabbed my arm so we could get away. "Ha-ha. Hah!" "Arrgh!" "No!" Then she grabbed the knife she had hidden and stabbed Hector. "I'm curious. After killing me, what is it you two were planning on doing next?" He said.

We opened the door and were met with a terrifying sight... the crew were skeletons! As we tried to escape, Barbossa grabbed us. "Look! The moonlight shows us for what we really are. We are not among the living and so we cannot die. But neither are we dead. For too long I've been parched of thirst and unable to quench it. Too long I've been stravin' to death, and haven't died! I feel nothing. Not the wind on my face, nor the spray of the sea... nor the warmth of a woman's flesh. You best start believing in ghost stories, Miss Turner. You're in one! Oh, and I know that it's not Miss Sparrow but Mrs. Sparrow," He said. Then Hector held up my left hand to see my wedding ring. "You're married to Captain Jack Sparrow." Now, that he knew the truth about my relationship with Jack, I shuddered to think what could happen to the both of us.

Hello everyone. Here is the latest chapter of my book. This chapter is dedicated to Hermionejgranger14