Ten. Stake Out

CHAPTER TEN –  Stake Out

|

✎

VIENNA SIGHED UNLOCKING THE FRONT DOOR  waiting for Elena and Gabriella, "Elena, Gabriella! Hurry up, we're gonna be late!" Vienna called from the front door.

"Coming!" Elena yelled, grabbing her backpack off her bedroom floor and walking out her room. "Where's Buck?"

"He's at work. Gabriella!" Vienna yelled starting to get frustrated.

"Hang on, I'm finishing my homework!"

"Why didn't you do it last night?" Vienna asked opening her younger sisters bedroom door.

"Uh...forgot?"

"You can do it in the car" Vienna told her putting her hands on her hips. "Now, come on, you're gonna be late you school"

"Fine" Gabby mumbled quickly picking up her homework and putting it in her school bag.

"Finally, now come" Vienna mumbled walking out her sister's room and opened the front door.

...

"Alright, shake off the rust and grab a seat" Sergeant told the officers walking into the briefing room. He walked over to the chalkboard before writing something on it. "Officer Nolan. What does Stake Out mean?"

"Uh, to conduct a surveillance on someone or something" Officer Nolan replied confidently, Grey nodded.

"Correct. We got a tip that a meth cook in the area is gonna be selling to a dealer" Grey explained. "His name Grant Price"

"If we know his name, why don't we just arrest him?" Tim asked from his seat next to Vienna.

"The dealer he's selling to is responsible for a large amount of the drugs in Los Angeles" Grey continued, "Grant works around the south-west area until 9am to 6pm. We need a team to Stake out the area and wait for Grant to meet with his deal. Any volunteers?" Vienna slowly raised her hand. "Officer Reyes?"

"Me and Officer Rossi will do it. Rossi's never been on a Stake out before could be a good learning opportunity" Vienna chimed in.

"Great. Everyone else your dismissed"

...

"So, why did you wanna take the Stake out?" Rossi asked from the passenger seat. "I mean normally, you like to be out the the street"

Vienna smirked, "I'm just really tried because me and Buck had good s-" Vienna started but Summer cut her off.

"Don't finish that sentence please" She chimed in shaking her head, Vienna chuckled at the change of reaction from her rookie.