Chapter 18 (SANEMI's POV)

(A/N: Omg we close to the end!! So sad 😭!!! I am so sorry for the delayed chapter btw!! I just had my school year end and I'm going to a new school!)

I opened my eyes slightly, looking at Giyuu. The fear in his eyes left him. He seemed to be in his own thoughts. Then he closed his eyes. I wasn't the best hummer but you know. I hoped not the worst though. I looked up at the roof. I wonder why he ran? Eh, I'll ask questions later.

He's still as light as when I picked him up after fainting. I never asked him about that Sabito kid either. Damn how long ago was that? A month? Well they say time flies by. That damn kid and his demon sister were killing uppermoons now.. with Genya. I swear if Genya gets killed I will slaughter his sister... I grinned. Then I realized that Giyuu was fond of the kid. Maybe not.. But if they even let my brother get hurt I swear..
(People who know: 😨)

I felt Giyuu shift slightly. He looked up at me with drained eyes. I smiled slightly at him.
"Why are you caring for me now..?"
He asked rubbing sleep out of his eyes. I scoffed, "I guess it's just my 'true colors' or whatever that damn wording is."
Not like I can see colors anyway. That ability faded away from me a shitload of a time ago. Whatever.. Giyuu just looked at me duly. Then he quickly sat up. He mumbled, "Not one of your brightest ideas you've had."
I tilted my head, "What's that supposed to mean?"
He looked at me with a stressed emotion. He stood up quickly, "It's nothing. Forget it."

I lowered my head and let a sigh out.
"Who's Sabito?"
He glared at me which shocked me, "The hell do you know about that name..?!"
I stood up, "I heard you talking about them.."
"When."
"The day you fainting next to that rock."
Giyuu looked away. I noticed him clench his fist. "What happened to them?"
"Shut up, or get out my house," he glared again.
I let out another sigh, "My bad. Maybe I shouldn't have came to follow you. Seems you don't like me being here."
I made my way out the door, not looking back. I don't know but I sensed something wrong.

What did I do?

The rain had stopped, I was making it home swiftly. I had stopped at a patch of flower. I couldn't tell what type of flowers they were but the patch was certainly pretty. It looked similar to a batch that I gave to Kanae one time. I shook my head, oh well. Forget about her Sanemi. I suddenly felt a hand rest on my shoulder, I quickly spun around. I held a small knife out to the person.
"Woah, Woah, Woah-!" The boy said. He looked around 13, which shocked me. I lowered my knife.
"What are you doing out here," I asked him.
"Could ask you the same thing," the boy smiled.
"Going home. And you should to."
I mutter under my breath and turned, only to see him again. I jumped, "how the hell did you do that?!"
He laughed and held out his hand, "I'm Sabito! I hope you know that name."
I stood bewildered, Sabito.. like the name Giyuu was so defensive about.
"By the look on your face, I think you know me."
I shafted my small knife, "What do you want..?"

He shook my shoulders, "For you to get a grip."
I knocked him off, "What does that mean?"
Sabito crossed his arms and looked away, "You would know if you had a grasp on human emotion!"
"You Bastard! Of course I do!!"
"Then you should know you screwed up!! Very badly," he huffed and looked away.
What..? Oh wait a damn minute..
"Were you fucking watching me and Giyuu!?"
"The hell is the ghost supposed to do? Nothing?!"
"Ghost?!"
"Yeah dummy! Nice to meet you! I'm dead!"
Then he stood there in silence.
"Go apologize to my friend, bitch." Then he disappeared.
I stood in silence for a moment.
The only thing that could come to my mind wears pathetic.

"Did he just call me a bitch..-?"