Chapter 1- Bosom Friend

Irie Lee

I hate going to school

I hate it, I hate it, I hate it.

The summer holiday season ended quickly and with that it's school time again.

Back to the place I despise most, mainly because of all the school protocols.

From getting up from 4 o' clock in the mornings to get ready and catch the bus, to coming home in the evenings to do a truck load of assignments.

Not to mention student leader and club leader duties.

Mad mi mad to rawse.

Not having time to focus on myself or my mental health because these things will literally drive you crazy.

The biggest headache of all was that I was in grade eleven now this meant serious time.

According to my mommy I better "buckle up" and she to, the next nuisance, down inna mi backbone every chance she gets.

Don't get me wrong I love my mother but jah know she can be quite the pain in the ass sometimes.

When it's not "clean up yuh room" or "pack up back e bookshelf Irie mi nah work wid yuh" it's "mi a sen yuh gah school suh nuh waste my hard earned money."

Jah kno?

I completely understand though, she wants what's best for me and after working so hard to send me to school it's only right that I perform exceptionally well on my exams.

Which, if I must add, I haven't failed to do for the past four years.

Affi mek har proud a mi man.

" Irie wake up!" My mother shouts her voice resounding from downstairs in the kitchen to my room upstairs.

Tell yuh bout Ms.Yendi she and har loud mouth.

I call back out to her telling her I have arisen from my slumber.

I rushed to the bathroom to bathe, while in the shower I had an intense battle with the water and my hair.

I had forgotten to wrap my hair and wear my shower cap so I was fighting to not get it wet in the shower because it would prove to be a problem.

Leaving the bathroom with my red towel wrapped around my frame like a cocoon.

I grabbed another towel to dry my hair but I got slightly distracted by my lace undergarments laid on my bed.

Affi hurry up and put on dem yah before Yendi she, come tell me say she nuh feel like dem yah "hole up hole up" drawz and brassiere appropriate fih skl.

"Cause a must she a wear them." I muttered under my breath putting on my marina and tights swiftly.

I could hear my mother climbing the stairs to come to my room.