Chapter 4- Allure

Jayden/Reggae

I reply to Myles, my close friend and a member of the football team

Rufus came to the tree where Myles and I stood.

"Coach said I should tell you practice starts at three o' clock this evening."
Jah kno?

"Alright" I tell him as he walks towards the grade ten block.

The blaring sound of the bell rang throughout the school compound signifying the end of the lunch period.

Biology wid crawsis Miller yah now, e man mout tink yuh fuck.

I slowly made my way towards the Biology Lab taking my seat on a stool at the back of the lab.

Skimming through the classroom looking for a particular girl but she's nowhere in sight.

Slowly, Jayda came into my line of sight but Irie wasn't with her.

What was Jayda even doing on the floor I wondered.

Tweedle-Dumb without Tweedle-Dee? Surprising.

Slowly, Irie arose from the floor into my line of sight as well.

See? Wah mi tell yuh? Tweedle-Dumb nah leff Tweedle-Dee.
A wah dem a do pon e grung?

I got up from my seat and made my way up to where Irie and her friend were crouched on the floor keeping my distance but close enough to hear whatever conversation they were having.

A wonder a wah gwaan."You hear bout e party weh a gwaan tomorrow?" Myles asked.

"No, which party?"

"Dem a keep party roun a Trench Street, is a Tiki party.

"Mi probably forward"

Standing by the teacher's desk where the two girls stooped on the floor watching their frantic movements.

"I don't know where the other one is" Irie spoke aloud, her face twisted in uncertainty.
"What are you going to do?" her friend, Jayda I believe her name was asked.

"I don't know, mi honestly nuh know" Irie responded.

She sounded as if she would start crying any minute. I couldn't see her face because her back was now turnt to me.

A wonder wah dem a look fah.

"Jayda, Mommy did tell me not to bring it to school and you see what happened now" Irie tells her friend her voice laced with worry.

"We ago find it, '' her friend reassures her.

Giovanni walked into the classroom and stood behind Irie's figure who was stooping on the floor.

"Yuh batty big fih yuh likkle frame tho Irie '' he paused in his steps and stood there ogling Irie's ass.

A dem man yah tun rapist eno.