Chapter 3- Seclusion

Irie Lee

Throughout my lunchtime Mr

Throughout my lunchtime Mr.Garvey would come and inspect our works and what we were planning on doing.

Jayden started his sculpture and started to shape out a female jaw-line.

I was stuck, I was missing a key ingredient, I didn't have water based clay.

My mother accidentally picked up the wrong one and my ego is way too big for me to ask Jayden for some of his.

To be productive and not get a merit deducted I was going to sketch a Greek man and when I looked up, Jayden caught my eye.

He was heavily concentrated on his work, his hands dirty from the clay, gently molding the sculptures' jawline.

An idea popped up...

"Jayden" I called out from where I was sitting.
Jayden looked up, his focus now on me.

Mi nuh like how him a stare pon mi.

"Yes, Irie?" He replies slowly with a tiny hint of annoyance.

He's calling me by my name now? Okay.

"I was thinking of using your face for my sculpture. Is that ok with you?"

"Yes- but only if you sculpt my dreads as well."
I stared at him, and he stared back at me.

"Ok" I replied.

I was about to sketch him and then he stopped me.

"What if we were to sculpt each other's faces?" He asked.

"That could work," I smiled.

                                   ★★★

The week was coming to an end quickly. It was now Thursday and classes were cut short this evening because of a football match.

This was a match against Ferncourt High school.

Students from every grade were strewn around the football field overlooking the entire field.

Someone from the twenty-two boys caught my eyes.

Number twenty two was playing immaculate, beneath my scrutiny I realized this player had dreads and a familiar stance to a boy who evokes feelings from my body.
Jayden.

He was playing midfielder position and had successfully scored three goals into the net of our opponents who depressingly had not scored a goal making them stand at nil.

The players from Ferncourt High School were playing sloppily as if they were tired and unmotivated.

Yuh know it mek perfect sense, because if Jayden did a play gainst mi like dat mi would a attempt suicide when mi lose.