Chapter 17- Hormones?

Adria Hylton

"Lean honestly, mi a assure yuh if mi find out yah cheat pon mi, mi ago fuck you up!"

If I wasn't this far along and happy about my pregnancy mi would a jus kill e pickney fih spite him.

"Eight years now eno, how long yah guh continue and behave like this?" I continued wanting to get his attention.

He stood on the other side of the room making his spliff as if he didn't care about what I'm saying.

Him jus know how fih piss mi off!

Out a every man fih love and breed fah why him?

I was getting angry at his lack of attention so I picked up the remote and without a second thought flung it in the direction of his head.

Because he wasn't focusing on me the remote, hit him square in his head.

Fih him fault because mi hand lean him should a duck.

Silence enveloped the room for a split second, weed scattered on my faux fur bedroom mat and Lean's hand was clutching the side of his head.

Look how him mek him weed dirty up mi white mat!

Finally getting his attention he gripped his head and hissed his voice boomed, "Bomboclaat Adria, yuh have sense?!"

Why is he raising his voice after me when he's the one in the wrong?

At the thought tears welled up in my eyes and I suddenly felt like crying.

Hormones.

I got up from the bed and walked to where he was then stood before him tears streaming down my face, he was visibly angry but I know he'd never hit me.

Taking advantage of that factor I looked him in his eyes and hit him in his chest repeatedly.

"Adria bill nuh, bredda!" He shouted trying to grip my hands but I ignored him, continuously hitting his chest.

"Bredda? Suh mi move from 'babes' to 'bredda'? Okayyy that's how it is?"

Staring at him made my blood boil.

Bredda?

"Talk to mi right now, yuh want mi get an abortion or ask Jayda fih do hopscotch pon mi belly so we can both go our separate ways or yah guh change yuh dutty ways and act like yuh ready fih be a father? Yuh need fih mek up yuh mind."

"Adria." He sighed.

"Adria, honestly wah the fuck do yuh? We wake up this morning, everything good and all of a sudden yah lick mi inna mi face wid e remote. Pregnancy hormones? Yuh hungry?"

Annoyed at his voice I hit him again in his chest this time with both my curled fist.

Seconds after my hand hit his chest, I felt my body being raised in the air and then I collided with the soft mattress.