Chapter 27

BRIANNA
I paused. "What?".
"I'm sorry, okay? I want you back and I promise to be a good boyfriend to you and the best father at that".
I looked at him befuddled. Did a nut come loose in his brain or what? Is he crazy?
"Nick. What the heck is wrong with you? I told you before, Liam is the father of my baby not you".
"I know you are only saying that because you caught me cheating on you but I'm sorry about that".
"Oh God!!". I said exasperated. "How do you want me to say it to you? You didn't impregnate me, got that?".
"I know that baby's mine". He argued.
"Yours? Really? I refused to have sex with you for two weeks and that's why you had the guts to cheat on you".
"And I apologized".
"Besides, I'm four weeks pregnant, I slept with Liam five weeks ago, does that ring a bell?".
His expression changed. "Do you think you can be happy? Just because you have Liam all of a sudden and you are with his child?".
"What are you talking about?".
"I want you, Brianna".
"And I don't want, Nicholas". I replied to him coldly. "Please leave me alone and don't try to talk to me ever again".
He frowned before walking away back to his car. Like what the heck is wrong with him? Is he crazy or what? Claiming my pregnancy?
I crossed my arms watching his car drive away. I did love him before but he was not faithful at all. I wonder if he was obsessed with sleeping around with ladies.
"A penny for your thoughts".
I turned around. "Liam?".
"Hey. You just got off work, right? I'm hoping I came at the right time".
"Um, yeah. But why are you here?". I ask him surprised. "It's just evening, are you not supposed to be at work or something?".
"It's not bad to want to visit the mother of my baby, is it?".
He slipped his hands around my waist and I blushed slightly, my cheeks flushing red as he smiled at me, his eyes twinkling.
"So let's go?". He asked, breaking away the gaze. "Any moment from now, someone can figure out that Williams Paige is standing in the driveway of a restaurant".
I chuckled lightly. "Right, you are popular, I forgot about that. Let's go".
He held my hand and took me towards his car, the doors were opened quickly by one of his guards.
I glanced at him. "So you came to meet me and brought your bodyguards?".
"It's called security consciousness these days, Anna".
I rolled my eyes and got into the car with him behind me. He sat beside me and then the car doors closed, almost immediately, the driver started the engine and drove off.
"So, is the baby kicking yet?".
"What? No". I laughed it off. "Liam, my baby bump hasn't even shown yet".
He shrugged. "So? I'm just giddy about having another child".
"Well you are not as giddy as Lilian. Did you say anything to her?".
He grinned widely. "Maybe".
"This morning before the car dropped her off at school, she kept on telling me what names she would like for her baby sister".
"Oh really?".
"Yeah and it was really funny. See, I told you it's gonna be a girl".
"Anna?".
I faced him. "Yeah?".
"I saw Nick talking to you earlier, I didn't want to sound jealous by asking but I'm just curious, what were you guys talking about?".
"Oh that. He thinks he's the father of my unborn child".
"And what did you tell him?".
"Williams Paige impregnated me so he can go take a hike for all I care".
Liam didn't say anything so I looked out the windows staring at the passing places.
"So what are you naming our child?".
I glanced at him. "I was expecting you to say something about that Nick stuff".
"Brianna". He sighed. "Nicholas is a jerk, I know I'm the father of your child. Besides, I did bed with you five weeks ago at a club".
I flashed him a smile. "Thanks for believing me".
"If I don't, trust me, Chloe is going to get me killed, definitely".
I chuckled lightly. "You also heard that she is awake now?".
"Yeah. That's where the driver is taking us to but the both of us are entering her ward together just in case something happens''.
"Liam, I told you. Chloe is really nice if you get to know her, just ask Lucas".
"Lucas is in love, he's blind to her hostility towards me".
I shook my head at him facing the window again. He just said Lucas is in love with her, I'm so happy for Chloe, at least, she finally got a guy to love her past her insecurities.
*
*
LUCAS KNIGHT
"I don't think there's any need to arrest them". She tried to talk me out of it.
"What?". I let out a scoff. "Just so you have forgotten, you are on a hospital bed, they shot you".
"I know that".
"Chloe, they deserve to be in prison. What if you didn't survive the gunshot? What if I didn't come in time to put your oxygen mask back on?".
"Well lets just be thankful that none of that happened".
I didn't respond. How can she tell me to let it go? I can't let it go, I'll make sure Emilia, Lauren and Lea all suffer in that prison.
"Lucas". She held my hand. "Please, just forget about it. They are not remorseful anyways".
"Chloe, I__".
"And you know that their parents can get them out anytime, right? Emilia's Dad is the governor of New York".
I sighed softly. "I know that but they should at least stay in that jail, even if it's minutes, I only want to see them suffer".
"I'm the one who got shot but you don't see me complaining".
"Chloe, you don't understand. They tried to kill you, what if they succeeded? I'm sure that Brianna wouldn't have been able to bear it".
"Leave Brie out of this. Karma would catch up with Lauren and her dolls but for now, I don't think Revenge is the best answer".
"I'm sorry". I kissed her palm softly. "But they need to pay for the crimes they have committed".
"Lucas".
I stood up. "I need to go and you need to rest".
She wanted to respond but a knock on the door interrupted her. The door then opened revealing Brianna and Williams.
I shot Chloe an apologetic glance before I walked out through the door. I had a feeling Williams was behind so I turned and he was actually behind me.
"What?".
"Where are you going? I didn't expect you to leave like that".
"You know where I'm going. I can't let them leave that station, it's not fair".
He sighed. "Look, dude. I know you are doing this for Chloe but still that doesn't mean it should be this far".
"She almost got killed twice, why isn't everyone seeing this fact?".
"Lauren would definitely pay for her evil deeds but not now. If you pursue this, trust me, her Dad would find a way to dissolve it".
"You can't talk me out of this".
"I'm not trying to, I just don't want all of your efforts to go in vain".
I only nodded and walked off. I got to the parking lot and headed towards my car.
There's no way they are leaving that station right now. I unlocked the car doors and got into my car immediately closing the doors.
I inserted the key in the engine starting the car and drove off. How dare they try to let them go? What if Chloe died?
My phone started but I ignored it. I let it ring to an end but the caller kept on calling repeatedly.
I scratched the car to a halt before driving slowly to a curb parking there. I glanced at the caller's I.D. Unknown.
I answered the call. "Who's this?".
"Hello. Lucas Knights".
I paused hearing that voice. It's always on the news, internet, T.V and I've talked to him more than once.
"Governor?".
Why is he calling me? And how the heck did he get my number? I'm so confused.
"I have a reason for calling you personally and it's about my daughter, Emilia. We need to talk".
.
.