Chapter 45

LUCAS KNIGHTS
I sighed as I drove thinking about Chloe, yeah sure, she speaks her mind sometimes but she went overboard with the whole stuff back at lunch.
Besides, why should she be the one to make decisions for Brianna all the time? I don't see any reason why Brianna doesn't have a stand in things.
My phone rang suddenly jolting me out of my thoughts. I decided to park the car by a random curb then grabbed my phone.
I glanced at the caller's screen. Williams. I think something is wrong. Why is he calling me all of a sudden? I left minutes ago.
"Dude". I answered the call immediately.
"Lili is missing. I don't know but she's not anywhere in the fucking mansion".
"What? How can she be missing!".
"That's the problem. I think she ran away or she's hiding but I don't know where".
"Did you send out your bodyguards?". I asked him about it.
"Yeah. They are already on the search for Lillian".
"You might want to check on Brianna, give her a call. Who knows if Lili might head on there".
"Yeah. Thanks, call me if you have sight of Lilian".
"Sure thing, bro".
He disconnected the call and I dropped my phone thinking of many reasons why Lillian would leave home.
A sneeze at the back made me turn back looking at the backseat. Okay, I know that cute little sneeze from anywhere.
"Lilian". My voice came stern.
No response.
"Lilian. I know you are in my car. Just come out".
She crawled out of the seat. "Sorry. Uncle Lucas".
Jeez!! So she was here all this while and I didn't even take notice.
I faked a frown. "Would you like to explain why you left your Dad worried?".
"I want to go meet Mommy".
I sighed and unbuckled my seatbelt before unlocking the car doors. I stepped out of my car and went towards the backseat as I opened it.
I went in and sat beside her locking all the car doors. She pouted cutely not wanting me to scold her.
"Lilian". I spoke up softly. "Just because you want to meet your Mommy doesn't mean you should run away".
"If I tell Daddy that I wanna meet her, I'm pretty sure my Grandmother wouldn't let me".
"Well if you had asked your Daddy nicely then he would let you meet your Mommy".
She beamed brightly. "Really?".
"Yeah and maybe he would have brought your Mommy back home but he won't do that".
Her smile dissipated. "What? Why not?".
"That's because you left him. Just like your Momma did and it will make your Daddy to be very angry with you".
"I didn't mean to". She said cutely, tears in her eyes.
Shit!! Lucas, don't make her cry. Okay, how do I do this?
"But if I take you home then Daddy won't be angry anymore". I hurriedly said.
"But I don't wanna go home".
"Lilian ... ". I trailed off not knowing what to say.
She pouted cutely. "I wanna meet Mommy and stay with her and my little sister, Jana".
"But Brianna didn't leave. She'll come back home so you don't have to run away".
"No". She shook her head. "I need to meet Mommy first and then I'll go home".
Oh Jeez!! How do I convince this child?
"I need to call your Daddy". I told her as I grabbed my phone.
She gasped. "Uncle Lucas, please. I don't wanna go home now".
"Your Daddy is worried sick about you".
"You'll take me to meet Mommy first then I will go back home to stay with Daddy".
Gosh!! An eight year old making deals with me. Wow. Things are really changing in the twenty-first century.
I nodded in response. "Deal. But only once and then I take you back home".
"Thank you, Uncle Lucas". She replied sweetly and I smiled.
*
*
*
BRIANNA
I sighed as I stared at the missed calls on my phone from Liam. I really miss him. Even if it's only been hours since I left.
I dropped the phone back on the table and got down from the bed heading towards the door opening it as I stepped out.
I walked directly to the living room a little slowly due to my heavy pregnancy then to the kitchen hoping to see my best friend.
I paused seeing her doing a couple of things in the kitchen. Probably making me dinner as always.
"Chloe?".
She looked at me. "Brie. Why are you here? I thought I told you to rest".
"I don't feel like resting".
"You are Seven months pregnant and you need to rest".
"I just have a lot on my mind". I told her slowly.
"If it's what happened back at Christmas Lunch in Liam's place then forget it".
"I can't. I just don't understand why Liam's mother will be so mean to me, she just met me".
"I think she had some issues with your Mum". Chloe suggested.
"But shouldn't she badmouth me in front of Lili? I mean, that was way too much".
"And seriously. How dare that woman call you a bastard?".
I shrugged. "But it's the truth though".
"What?". Chloe glanced at me. "How can you say that? Brie, you really need to stop accepting whatever they say to you".
I sighed resting on the kitchen counter. "I am serious, Chloe. They are not wrong, my Mum was a whore".
"Brie, come on, show her some respect".
"Really?". I asked tearfully. "When she was alive, I was the object of ridicule and I am still ridiculed, nothing changed".
"She was trying to fend for you, that job in the club was the one she could find".
"She got a job as a stripper, yeah but they never told her to sleep with anyone. She did all that herself, forcing herself on those rich guys".
Chloe shrugged. "I guess your Mom just wanted to be like them, wealthy and rich".
"But she wasn't. Instead she had me".
"Don't be like that, Brie. At least now you are living the normal life you've wanted all this while since college".
I sniffed as I wiped my tears watching as Chloe cooked dinner cutting up tomatoes and all those things.
"Chloe?".
She glanced at me. "Yeah?".
"Do you really think what Liam's mother said was true?".
She focused on her dish. "That woman was babbling a lot of things. About what?".
"The part about Gustave Hills not being my father. My Mum slept with so many people, I'm even ashamed that she slept with Liam Dad".
"Brianna. You need to stop thinking about those things, it doesn't matter if you were a mistake or if you are an illegitimate child".
"But Liam's mother just reminded me of that fact".
"Yeah, she's just like another snort version of your step sister".
I rolled my eyes. "Don't even remind me about Lauren. She is such a bitch".
"Like Maleficent". Chloe added. "Am I right?".
I chuckled lightly. "Yeah. If you say so, you are always right".
Almost immediately, I heard the doorbell ring and I arched my eyebrows glancing at Chloe.
"Who could that be?".
She shrugged. "I don't actually know".
The doorbell rang again and she sighed, dropping the knife she was holding and went out of the kitchen.
I decided to follow her out of the kitchen and stood by the doorway as she opened the door revealing Lucas and Lili.
Walt. What? Lili? What is Lili doing here?
.
.