Melody's Prologue - Merry-Go-Round

(Author's Note - just to clarify, the prologue and the first chapter are told in 3rd person. The rest of the story will be Melody's POV. Thank you.)

Surrounded by the haze of cigarette smoke, the cacophony of loud music, and the presence of intoxicated men, Melody Raewood found herself in an environment that seemed like the opposite of fun. She was never the type to seek out raucous nights. For Melody, a fun evening meant sitting in bed, listening to the soothing tunes of the Carpenters, and sketching designs in her trusty sketchbook. Or perhaps going to the theater with her colleagues to watch a light-hearted chick flick. She was more drawn to the quiet and serene.

Melody was born on Valentine's Day in 1963 in the bustling city of Chicago

Melody was born on Valentine's Day in 1963 in the bustling city of Chicago. From an early age, she harbored a deep passion for singing, whether it was performing as a solo artist or being a part of a band. But the world she lived in was far from the idealized versions she imagined in her dreams. Each day brought news of violence, death, and suffering, reminding her of the harsh realities of life. As an only child, Melody found solace in music, which became her constant companion and confidant.

Having completed her education at the age of 18, Melody yearned to explore new horizons and chase her dreams. In 1983, armed with her passion for art and her creative skills in fashion design, she made a bold decision to leave her hometown and venture into the so-called "promised land."

New York City seemed too overwhelming, and Miami didn't quite capture her imagination. It was Los Angeles, California, that called to her. The city of dreams, strip clubs, rock and roll, and a vibrant sense of fun. Melody knew that this was the place where she could find the opportunities she craved. She was determined to make it big and would stop at nothing to achieve her goals.

Settling into her new surroundings, Melody quickly learned the ins and outs of Los Angeles. The city became her home in no time. With unwavering dedication and a fierce desire to succeed, she took on a job at the infamous Whisky-a-Go-Go, where the worlds of music, alcohol, drugs, and beautiful women collided. It wasn't her ideal choice, but with limited options available, she decided to give it a chance. After all, it was a stepping stone toward her ultimate dream of becoming a singer.

Over a year had passed since Melody began working at the Whisky-a-Go-Go, and she found herself caught up in the whirlwind of the music scene. The ambiance of the place kept her dreams alive, serving as a constant reminder of the path she wanted to follow. Melody was determined to break through the barriers and make her mark on the music industry, regardless of the cost.