ten

Niall and I didn't text at all that night or the next day, and I didn't have work so I knew my chances of seeing him were slim to none.

I knew it was because of what almost happened and we both feel weird about it. We've only known each other for about a week, but I know that I like him a lot.

Joey: HELP SIS LIZ IS COMING OVER BC SHE FORGOT HER CHARGER AND AND AND

Joey: ITS GONNA BE SO AWKWARD

Me: so you're basically asking me to come?

Joey: aw thanks see ya soon

I rolled my eyes and walked out of my last class to my car. I drove straight to Joey's to find him standing nervously next to his car.

"Good you came." He said, letting out a breath he'd been holding.

"Yeah, well, I'm sort of relating to you right now." I said, following him inside.

"What with your fantasies?"

"Why would you think I'm lying? I'm not even a One Direction fan!" I said defensively.

"Do you have any pictures as proof?"

"Well, no." I answered.

"Then I'm right." He said.

"Joey I'm serious. I met him, we've gone on two dates, we almost kissed last night, but he hasn't texted me since."

"Oh shit." He said, looking like he realized something.

"What?"

"You're not doing that lip twitchy thing that you do when you lie." He said, scared.

"See?" I yelled, holding onto his shoulders and shaking him back and forth.

"Okay, I kind of believe you now but I still kind of don't and-" The doorbell rang, and Joey squeaked, then hid in the bathroom. I rolled my eyes at him and opened the door.

"Hey Liz." I said, letting her in. "Joey's in the bathroom." I told her.

"Okay good. I need your advice." She said, a panicked look on her face.

"Yeah I heard." I said, pulling her back outside so Joey wouldn't eavesdrop.

"Ki, I really like him. I've known for a while now but I didn't think he did." She said, with a frightened expression.

"And you want me to play matchmaker?" I asked, a smirk playing on my face.

"No! Well--no." She said, hesitating.

"It's like you don't even know me and you think I'm not getting involved in it?" I winked at her, pulling her back inside.

Joey was in the kitchen, and he turned around, and his eyes widened when he saw us.

"Um, hey guys." He mumbled.

"Hey." Liz squeaked out, but on the other hand, I was holding back a laugh.

"So where's that charger?" Joey said, and it was the most awkward thing I've ever heard.

"Oh yeah it's upstairs. I'll be right back." She answered, then bolted up.

"Joey!" I scolded him.

"What?" He put his hands up defensively.

"Go up there and kiss her!"

"What?" He looked at me like I was crazy.

"Okay you don't have to kiss her. Just like, talk about it." I said, then my phone cut me off.