thirteen

So the kiss never happened, of course. I don't know what I ever did to get this bad luck, but damn, I wanted to kiss him so bad. It was to the point where he dropped me off and I drifted off to a sleep filled with dreams about him. And not just about him. About kissing him, holding hands with him, cuddling with him, and that's when I knew I was in too deep.

I got a million texts from Liz and Joey about the date. I ended up leaving the conversation because I really wasn't in the mood. I knew I should've just leaned in and did it anyway, but something made me just pick up the ball and keep going. It was completely awkward after that, and I had a terrible fear that I would never get another chance.

I literally spent today eating ice cream, doing homework, sleeping, and staring hopelessly at my phone. Again, I hate Sunday's.

The next day I had to face my obnoxious best friends, and of course the first thing Liz asked was, "How'd it go with Niall?"

"Can we please not talk about him?" I answered simply, shutting my locker.

"Yes!" Joey cheered with excitement.

"Good to know you care that I'm upset about something." I mumbled.

"No I am! But you finally found a guy that hurt you so I get to go all best friend-y and fuck his face up." He exclaimed.

"Okay first problem with that is, he's famous and his management people could probably sue you for messing with his face. Second, he could beat you up in a heartbeat, and third, he didn't hurt me." I responded.

"Then why can't we talk about him?" Liz asked.

"Which is exactly what we're doing," I said, rolling my eyes. "This conversation is over." I stated, walking into my first class. My phone went off and I prayed for the five seconds that I spent taking it out that it was him.

Livie: I'm so so so sorry to ask you this, but it's my moms birthday and I kinda forgot and I'm terrible and I really wanna buy her dinner but can you cover my late shift??

Me: sure no prob

I was silently groaning, kicking, and screaming because I should have today off. Guess I do have a nice bone in my body.

Livie: THANK YOU SO MUCH I OWE YOU THE WORLD.

Several hours later, I found myself hovered over the loud sink in Starbucks. I softly hummed to myself as I scrubbed the blenders, alone.

Suddenly and roughly, an arm grabbed my waist and a hand was firmly placed over my mouth. I elbowed the attacker in the ribs and I heard a groan and someone fall back. I turned around, ready to squirt soap in their eyes, when I realized who it was.

"Oh my god." I shut the water off and dried off my hands, then crouched down to him. "Niall I'm so so so sorry." I said placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Is it possible for an elbow to break a rib?" He said softly.

"I'm so sorry." Was all I could say, because I was so mad at myself.

"Maybe I shouldn't of done that." He thought out loud.

"Yeah, maybe. At least I know that I can defend myself if I really need to." I smirked and stood up to find ice. I got a bag and filled it with cubes then sat down next to him. I pressed it to where I hit him and he winced, then sat up slightly.

"Sorry, I shouldn't of scared you like that."

"Don't apologize. I got my revenge already." I smirked, kissing his cheek. I don't know why, my body just did it.