Katerina

Elena's P.O.V.

We ran past stores on our way to an emergency meeting at the brew.
When we finally got there, I realized that a few original friends where here too.
"Why are they here", Damon asked to no one in particular.
Klaus stepped forward, "because it's Caroline plus I have a bone to pick with the kidnapper.
"Wait, you know who it is," Matt asked.
"Yeah, they took Caroline so they could put up a ransom. I got this a few minutes ago.
He handed me a piece of paper.

Dearest Klaus,
I have your precious fiancée. You know what I want. You have 24 hours to give it to me.
-Katerina Petrova (but I like to be called Katherine Pierce)

"Katherine", I said skeptically. Katherine was Damon's and Stefan's old love, I remembered vaguely.
I looked over at Stefan and saw that his face looked ten times paler, and so did Damons.
I turned back to Klaus.
"What does she want?"
"Freedom", he said simply.
"Well are you going to give her?"
He answered almost immediately , "I would do anything for Caroline."
"That's sweet....., now could you give Katherine her precious freedom", Damon said angrily .
"I'm doing it", Klaus said grabbing his phone.."does anyone have her phone number."
"No, if she even has one," I said muttering as I looked around for ideas. I started walking towards the door as I felt many people's eyes turn to me. "Well, I'm going home", I said loudly opening the door. Little did they know, that I had a plan brewing in the back of my head.

I walked home in silence, figuring out if I really wanted to do this or not.
My memories had been coming back ever since I had been turned. I was also remembering that Katherine was my doppelganger.

I opened the front door and almost screamed when I saw none other than Miss Katherine Pierce standing less than 5 feet away from me.
She walked up to me and said calmly, "I have a deal for you."
"What" I choked .
"I will disappear and leave your precious Caroline here....if you come with me."
"What?!"
"You heard me, you come with me for one year and Caroline can get married."
I started to think about it, but I really don't know if I could leave everyone here.
"Wait," I say confused, " I thought you wanted your freedom."
"I do, but if Klaus can't have any of the doppelgangers...that's even better."
And then I said something that I was completely surprised by....
"You know what, sure."

Damons P.O.V.

Everyone stared at Elena as she walked through out the door, confidently.

"Well, I usually don't say this, but that really weird", Klaus said breaking his gaze from the door.
"I think we should follow her," I said still in a state of confusion.
I heard cries of yes, so I walked to the door slowly and started on my way to her house.

The first thing I noticed, was how earily quiet it was, but those thoughts were pushed aside when I saw a blonde lying on the floor.
"Caroline", I muttered slowly, reaching to turn her body to face me.
Her eyes started to fluttered and before I knew it...she was awake.
"Hey, you ok", I asked concerned, but my thoughts were already on where my brunette was.
"Yeah...." Caroline said slowly looking around.
I mirrored her actions as I looked for any signs of Elena being here. Then suddenly I found something, it was a letter of sorts.

Dear Damon,
I am so sorry that I have to tell you this, but I'm leaving for awhile. I don't know when I'm coming back, but please don't go looking for me.
I love you, and that will never change.

-Elena

One Year Later

Elenas P.O.V.

Dear Diary,
Twelve months....wow...how time flies when you're having fun with an evil cold-blooded murderer.
"Are you having fun writing your sorrows", Katherine said than added mockingly, "today I saw a cute boy, but since I'm still tied down by Damon, I can't kiss anybody."
"Oh, shut up", I laughed hitting her with the book.
These months have been spent with Katherine teaching me how to be a vampire. Not some vegetarian vampire or someone who sometimes can't control the blood lust, but someone who's in complete control.
"Well, I have good news", Katherine said grinning.
"Ughh stop grinning", I shrieked..."You look creepy when you smile."
" Thanks for the compliment, but this news is good...."
"What, stop teasing me already!"
"Mystic Falls here we come."

------------------------------------------------
Hey guys!!!! Sorry it's been soo long since the last update, but I has a supreme case of writers block, but don't worry...it's cured now. ;)
-Serena