08

name | Kailani Eleora James

put me in a movie - lana del rey

•••••••••

flashbacks

"kai this is my boyfriend Gino , gino this is my daughter kailani." Tamika introduced the two , he starred at young kailani with a certain look. at 13 she was already grown into her body like her mother had at 14.

Kailani felt uncomfortable but didn't say anything only smiled and stuck her hand out , but instead he pulled her into a hug gripping on her. "y'all get to know each toner while i finish up on dinner." Tamika walked away , kai pulled away and stepped back a little . "how old you is?"

"i'm 13." she said softly and he nodded . "you eva had sex befo kailani?"

"no sir ..and i don't plan on it anytime soon." she answered maturely , "aw damn that's too bad i was trying to get to know my stepdaughter." he smirked rubbing her arm , "can you please not do that?" she brushed him off and he rose eyebrow , "you be disrespectful?"

"no sir i just don't like being touch so please don't touch me." she rubbed her arm looking at the ground.

and that's where it all began.

now |

"what? you can't talk shit now dat yo punk daddy ain't hea?" he snapped tilting his head , kai had the baby 2 months ago and was just shopping for things in the house . "Just please leave me alone." she pleaded trying to walk around him but he laughed , "yo got my ass beat cause you couldn't just shut the fuck up."

she avoided his stare before he gripped her jaw pushing her up against the wall. "and yo little boyfriend? he dead or he alive? ian neva find out." he smiled sickly , she tried everything in her will to get him off her.

but she was small , right after having Syerrie she bounced back into her small figure & it wasn't helping that she was short . "Please just leave me alone." she moved his hands that where fumbling with her pants .

"excuse me sir what are you doing?" a older white woman spoke seeing the fear in Kailani eyes , "mind yo old ass business." gino snapped , since he turned to the lady kai quickly got away grabbing her purse before damn near running out the store leaving her basket .

she got to her car and locked the door fumbling to unlock her phone .

she was driving like a bat out of hell, fear pumping through her veins as a all black familiar car began to speed up behind her on the highway . her mind was racing at this point , she switched lanes but so did he until he got on the side of her toward the ditch.

she felt like something was going to happen so she called saint who answered on the first ring.

"saint baby." she said softly , "hey baby you good?"

"yeah um..i love you so much , and i love syerrie can you tell him that for me?" her voice cracked , "watchu mean? what's wrong kailani?"

she wasn't answering .

"just tell him saint."

"i love you too." saint repeated confusion laced in his tone , suddenly a loud crash was heard on the other end of his phone and loud tumbling , her heavy breathing and gasps for air .