parking lot

I'm in my room, it's a typical Tuesday night. I was just sitting around until boredom hit me... I walked back and forth wondering if I should pick up my drawing supplies from the box that's under my bed. I haven't really been able to draw since my sister Anya passed away. Five months felt like five years and I couldn't bring myself to start drawing again. Anya taught me everything she knew and drawing was kind of our thing. She was extremely good at arts, meanwhile I like to think I did decent as well... but she was never honest because she was super nice and couldn't dare to make me sad, so I guess we will never know.

I sat down on the fluffy carpet beneath the bed and reached for the box... I was determined to start drawing again, just to get closer to Anya. I had nothing to lose after all, I was living all alone in this big house in Maranello, my mother was all the way back in Monaco and all my friends were on summer vacation, so I had a few months to spend by myself. My dad wasn't with us anymore, but I hope him and Anya are watching over me and mum. Despite the fact that I was Monegasque, my name, Cara Maria Belladonna, was suggested by my late father who grew up in Italy, he loved it from the bottom of his heart.

I took the box and carefully opened it to see some pictures scattered there. I picked one of them up; it was a picture of me and Anya in front of the F1 track in Monaco, we were big fans of F1. I was born there and lived there until six years ago, when I moved out to complete my studies. Anya also lived with me. A tear made its way down my rose cheek as I was thinking about all the memories. I placed the photos on my bed and searched through the box, when I realized I ran out of supplies. I sprinted to the door, grabbed my bag and went to the shop a few blocks down, they had all kinds of things there. I took a bunch of crayons and a sketchbook, even some acrylics. I paid for them and went outside in the parking lot. The wind messed up my hair but I couldn't care less right now. I stopped to admire the blue sky when someone suddenly bumped into me.
And that someone was Charles Leclerc...

"Oh my god. Charles Leclerc?!"

"Scusa! È buio, non ti ho visto... " he said. "Sorry again, I didn't even pay attention to the fact that you were speaking English, I'm sorry!"

"It's okay Charles. I'm sorry, but I have to say, I'm a big fan! " I say.

"Oh, that's amazing! I'm always happy to meet new fans" he kindly said. "but not the crazy ones like the one who was chasing after me right before wanting to kiss me" he laughs.

I looked up at him, getting lost in his deep green eyes.

"I'm sorry, it must be hard for you. Did she chase you for a mile? You look like you're out of breath"

"I know I'm being disrespectful right now, but do you have any water?" he says between heavy breaths.

"I actually do not but if you'd like a cup of water I live just three blocks from-" I try to say, but he stops me.

"Please! Anything helps. Literally anything."

. . .

The walk home was VERY awkward as only a few phrases were exchanged...

" So, what brings you around?" I try to start a convo.

" Well, work. The team had a meeting here in Maranello" he explained.

" So you'll go back to Monaco tonight? " I ask.

" Actually, I plan on staying here more. I'd like to spend the summer at the place I bought here. Now, I know I shouldn't be sharing this information, but if you trust me enough to give me a cup of water then I'll trust you as well" he laughs.

" Oh, we are here! Let's get you some water now" I say as I open the front door of my house. I can't say it's a big house, but it's not small either. I go in and signal the man to follow me to the kitchen as I pour him a glass of cold water. " Here you go!"

"Oh, thank you." he swallows the water like it's his first time seeing it. "I'm sorry- I do not know your name?" he politely asks.

" It's Cara." I say briefly.

"Cara, this might sound wierd but, is this house number 19?"

" Indeed. Why?"

" I think we're neighbours " he smiles. "Right across there's house number 89, my house"

" So you could have simply drank water at your place?" I laugh as well.

" But I don't regret meeting new neighbours!"he says.

His smile...his eyes...his smile again... perfection...but I've got to stop staring until it's too late.

" Well, thank you for everything Cara. I should probably go... see you around?" his lips formed a new smile.

" Yeah, of course! See you around. Have a good night, Charles " I manage to say.

I did not end up drawing as I was too tired, but there's time for that tomorrow. "I'm just going to go to sleep now" I think to myself. But something about those green eyes of his kept me up all night...